Looking for a title to a 1967 datsun 411 wagon

Blazin420247

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Search the internet with regards to 'Lost auto title', 'auto title recovery',  etc. There are or were procedures out there to acquire issuance of a replacement title. Also your location would probably have some bearing on what procedure, if any, might be feasible. Some states like Georgia don't even issue titles for cars over certain years age. I was looking seriously at buying a late 1940's driveable original English Ford Anglia 6-8 years ago but backed out. There was no title and the owner even volunteered that someone in Florida also claimed ownership to the car that was physically in his possession. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, difrangia said:

Search the internet with regards to 'Lost auto title', 'auto title recovery',  etc. There are or were procedures out there to acquire issuance of a replacement title. Also your location would probably have some bearing on what procedure, if any, might be feasible. Some states like Georgia don't even issue titles for cars over certain years age. I was looking seriously at buying a late 1940's driveable original English Ford Anglia 6-8 years ago but backed out. There was no title and the owner even volunteered that someone in Florida also claimed ownership to the car that was physically in his possession. 

The risk of buying a no title vehicle.  After you have spent a king's ransom restoring it, someone shows up with the title and thanks you for your effort at restoring his car, then drives away with it at no cost to him.

Thank you everybody for your info and input.. I ran the vin on it and it wasn't reported stolen when I purchased it with a bill of sale in Georgia from a guy that told me he would help me get the title to the vehicle.. I will just do a bonded title in my state and and also get a surety bond to title it but ty for all your help..

• Like 1