Weight loss

Derpy_Dino

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason to LS swap a 510 IMHO. It’s a waste of power and a good handling car. 

300ish hp is the limit in a 510 in my opinion- and to really utilize that you need to make some major changes- including bracing, flares, and massive rubber.

The car is so light it just doesn’t need more power- and is no longer fun to drive as intended- sure it’s great for straight lines and burnouts, but would be far to unpredictable in the corners.

300hp is fast in a modern car - ie Subaru STI-  and that car is 1000lbs heavier! With bigger rubber.

End of the day it’s your car- so do whatever you want... but there is no reason to hack up a good 510 just to run a “different” and “unnecessary” swap.

4 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

buy a 1972 BMW 2002 and put that in there

510s are a tin can anyways I just don't get the thinking here from Datsun guys

nah man, I like 2002's and all, but those engines are a pain, because you start driving, and then around 4000, its like it gets a sudden boost, they just aren't the best.

and if y'all are wondering why i haven't posted a picture of my car yet, that's because it looks like trash, and i'm restoring it. So that's mainly why im on here, is just tips for when I finish working on it, I'm already almost done gutting the interior, and I'm about to pull the engine, so its going to take a while

My '69 510

• Confused 1

Thanks! But no, I can't look at it, I just can't stand the rust, there was a post on here a while ago I recently read, and I kind of liked the color. Ima do different wheels and my carbon fiber stuff, and that's really all. But yeah, when I got the car, the owner said they wanted to make it look like  that, but when I started looking into these cars a few weeks ago, and I found my obsession to 510's. A while ago, I never noticed/cared really, but there was someone selling their light yellow 510 SSS coupe, and it looked super nice, it said he had just restored it, I wish I could have gotten a loan XD

flares on a 4 door 510? - Body/Interior - Ratsun Forums