Issue fitting weber carb on a stock l20b engine

1979 Datsun 620 stock L20B engine

I'm learning as I go. Had my engine rebuilt and will be putting a weber 32/36 and the studs don't line up on the intake. The 2 adapters that came with it also don't fit over the studs. The studs on the intake too close together. Is there any adapter kits anyone can link or possibly another intake that will fit my truck?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get your Weber? If from a yard sale the adapters could be for a Toyota or something.

A reputable dealer like Pierce Manifolds sells replacement Weber conversions for L series engines with adapters that fit. Maybe you can see them about a correct one.

There are also a lot of Asian knock off webers out there on the market. They are crap quality and definitely NOT Weber.

1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

Some adapter are two piece, one screws into the manifold with flush allen screws and then the top on bolts to that and then the carb

Weber and Header for my 77′ Datsun – Gordon French

That's what I have except it doesn't line up and it looks a bit different than the one in that image, but it is the 2 piece. Maybe they sent the wrong adapters. I'll see if I can find those.