73 620 death sway

FatDatSun

Anyone encounter the death sway? I did a search but seems the search words, death and sway brings up alot of random things on the ratsun. But a link to it or specific target zone would be helped alot. 

I'm really one lazy bastard, I just want someone knowledgeable telling me, "hey, it's the lower and upper control arm bushing" but seriously! is there more to it than that? Who's done it? Chime in please. I want to do it once only. So IF there is a write up. LMK.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sway is the only description word you have used. It's not much to go on. More information would maybe pin it down some

Worn out shocks would be my first guess. They stabilize and dampen suspension movement.

Are the tire air pressures all equal and within the proper range? Are the tires all the same make and size?

Is the steering alignment correct? Steer the truck straight ahead and look from the front. Is there anything obviously not right? Is the truck sitting straight? sagging on one corner? Is there excessive steering wheel play, like more than a couple of inches? Does the steering wheel wobble back and forth while driving?

Turns out in my situation, my front driver shoe was tight to drum, along with other misc bushing worn out. But that lead me to readjusting all shoes and bleeding. It solved it. 

Still need new bushings. And got wore out shackle bushing <tf are those. 

But that FD tire brakes made it feel to me like hyroplane. Scary as shit @ only 35+ mph. 

So I guess this is when using the brakes? This would have helped in the original post.

7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Sway is the only description word you have used. It's not much to go on. More information would maybe pin it down some

All drum brakes need to be checked and/or adjusting every 3-4 months, 6 at the most, for best results and the parking brake as well.