An artic thread just for mklotz

Skib

Artic?  WTF??  I don't want to clutter your car thread, so if you post somewhere else as to what you've been up to, please point me there.

🙂

Heres a thread on it just for you Mike lol

qG6yyUm.jpg

So heres a little what I do there. In the summer (just got back) I just do maintenance and prep work on everything for winter work.
Tucker sno-cats, cat loaders, case quad tracks, generators, all of the mobile camp stuff we work/live out of in the winter out on the tundra, and so on.

UUMZ7IP.jpg

WPXuLtQ.jpg
Ln2qxwK.jpg
Yi3NVo0.jpg

CTzlwgV.jpg

nArHrAq.jpg

Zkoug6B.jpg

ncSV7te.jpg
9k8yjbB.jpgG5GSLgd.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winter gets a bit more interesting. We take mobile camps out to middle of nowhere tundra farther into the artic and do seismic exploration for oil.

DtEslbd.jpg

Our camp shop is little more than a single wide lol so most of the work is done outside.... where it can be anywhere between -30F and -77F or blizzards with 60mph winds

M72h4T5.jpg

some random field pictures

xJMmjum.jpg
KWLlAvv.jpg
eX4fLrW.jpg
iWvzYDx.jpg

Poqmx1G.jpg

VXVNf7Q.jpg

got me a sweet sherp for my field repair and rescue.

uQCdQnF.jpg

Had to make some custom vent plates to keep it from freezing up lol
so naturally I painted them with what I could find in camp.
ec5fNKq.jpg

sometimes supplies are lacking and you have to get creative lol shock dust covers exhaust
msxAkyS.jpg

UfSDh1t.jpg
OvRdgio.jpg

oSkMWMU.jpg

If it exists they seem to be able to break it.... blew threw reinforced Dyna 80 HD axles like its going out of style last year.

H6W2BBf.jpg

92xYPkR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C8Q72fG.jpg[/img]
LpUT64z.jpg

and sometimes you get to see the northern lights...
9LKBdmm.jpg

84wDhvX.jpg

• Like 8

OMG!!! Thank you so much buddy!!!  That is sooooo friggin' cool......hhmmm....maybe I should say cold. lol  Thanks for all the pics and vids!  How the heck did you end up doing that?  Polar opposite(almost litterally) from southern CA where I thought you were last.  Love the Derp.  

Geez....how long has it been since you were at my place trying to change tires on my tire changer.........and you didn't weigh enough to work it well....?? LOL  That was another lifetime. :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Lol they called me actually... And I wasn't doing anything at the time so I said fuck it, I'll check it out. Turned out to be pretty good at it lol.

And still in CA so I go from one extreme to the other haha.

It's been at least 11 years since then... Prob a bit more lol I prob still don't weigh enough to use your tire changer well 😂

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Our boy's all grown up Mike!

200.gif

image.png.2804ef3d7171ba8cd919e5b7bd23c6e4.png

I may be a worse man child than ever actually... I maaaay have gotten into some one off small arms engineering in my absence of Datsun projects... And got 3D printers... And a forge.... Ect lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Have seen it in southern Ontario which is the same latitude as northern California. Also just below the 50th parallel here on Vancouver island but this is rare so far south. I did see it at night just before New Year near Regina on the prairies, again at 500 latitude. Usually looks like a greenish white with purple pastel curtain moving slowly in the wind, though sometimes a faint red.  It may be other shapes and colors but this what I've seen.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

"I post.... therefore .. I am." - datzenmike

The shit you say sometimes mike.

lolol that been there for so many years

2 hours ago, angliagt said:

The Northern Lights is something I'd really like to see.

They are something, deff cooler than my shitty phone camera can do them justice.
You can to the uni in alaska and they take people to go see them.

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 3:58 AM, mklotz70 said:

OMG!!! Thank you so much buddy!!!  That is sooooo friggin' cool......hhmmm....maybe I should say cold. lol  Thanks for all the pics and vids!  How the heck did you end up doing that?  Polar opposite(almost litterally) from southern CA where I thought you were last.  Love the Derp.  

Geez....how long has it been since you were at my place trying to change tires on my tire changer.........and you didn't weigh enough to work it well....?? LOL  That was another lifetime. 🙂

We’ve all been to your house. Haha

13 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

Your memory is better than mine Aaron.......what did you come over for....maybe that will jog it. lol 🙂

Let’s see, how about the blue cylinder head and other L16 engine goodies you gave me for the ratsun engine raffle. It’s been a very long time. 

you have been very helpful with my previous projects. 

• Like 3