520 Seat brackets?

damen_red

Hi all, I'm starting a new topic here because I am really close to getting my 520 back on the road. Although not entirely necessary I would like to bolt the seat down and get some seat belts in. I'm missing the seat brackets, the ones between the seat and floor.

iZTeL3F.jpg

I posted an ad in the Wanted section, but no bites. I was wondering if I could at least get a picture of one, if not able to purchase some?(I'm terrible at metal work) I can kind of determine the left/right dimensions but am unsure of fore/aft positioning.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Took a while to get to, but finally got the seat bolted down, this stuff from Home Depot worked great! I got the idea from looking at universal seat rails from places such as Jegs. All holes lined up perfectly, just needed a hacksaw and some bolts. This also gives me the option to play with the fore/aft positioning so I can use it as a template in case I ever do a real mount.

ixGKQJKl.jpg

YGpXAJql.jpg

• Like 3

That works just fine and no welding.

The reason people remove the seat brackets is to install bucket seats.  The trick with installing bucket seats in these trucks is to find low sitting and thin backed seats.

• Like 1