Tie rod assembly

Valvebounce

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked on RA, was cornfuzed, so looked at my 620 parts truck!  The 620 has a 1pc "tie rod assembly" WITH the ball joints (tie rod ends) built in on each end, from knuckle to a center link.  Listed as "right" & "left".  Not cheap on RA, but they list them! 

The center link has replaceable tie rod ends & they do look like they are opposite threads.....one standard right hand thread, the other left hand thread.  I see them listed separately, out of stock as you said, but I also see this "center link" listed as an assembly, sold as a unit WITH tie rod ends, so that's easy too!  Looks like everything is available.

If you only want the rubber boots, you might try Nissan to see if they are available OEM.....??  I buy ALL of my OEM parts from Riley at Lynchburg Nissan in VA, email parts@lynchburgnissan.com, then Courtesy Nissan in TX or Chico Nissan in CA.  I've read that there is a dealership or two in the upper NW that will also help with classic Datsun parts............most dealerships won't, cuz too old, they don't know what a Datsun is!!!! 🤣

Hope that helps!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, yenpit said:

I just looked on RA, was cornfuzed, so looked at my 620 parts truck!  The 620 has a 1pc "tie rod assembly" WITH the ball joints (tie rod ends) built in on each end, from knuckle to a center link.  Listed as "right" & "left".  Not cheap on RA, but they list them! 

The center link has replaceable tie rod ends & they do look like they are opposite threads.....one standard right hand thread, the other left hand thread.  I see them listed separately, out of stock as you said, but I also see this "center link" listed as an assembly, sold as a unit WITH tie rod ends, so that's easy too!  Looks like everything is available.

If you only want the rubber boots, you might try Nissan to see if they are available OEM.....??  I buy ALL of my OEM parts from Riley at Lynchburg Nissan in VA, email parts@lynchburgnissan.com, then Courtesy Nissan in TX or Chico Nissan in CA.  I've read that there is a dealership or two in the upper NW that will also help with classic Datsun parts............most dealerships won't, cuz too old, they don't know what a Datsun is!!!! 🤣

Hope that helps!

I can get parts locally no problem. But rock auto is cheaper 99% of the time.

7 hours ago, Valvebounce said:

This is the 620 forum, so it should go without saying.

It should, but anyone with a 620 using Ratsun or google search engine will go to any title saying '620 tie rod assembly' first and miss any information in this post.

• Like 1

The year of your vehicles in your profile is also helpful.

'73-'77 RH 48510-B5000..... LH 48630-B5000

'78-'79 RH 48510-B9525..... LH 48630-B9525

Looks like they are not the same or the L&R would have the same part number. There may be some subtle bend in them some mirror image thing easily over looked.

The rubber dust covers are 48522-B5000.... christ! $10 each????