Jakes Makes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Top is original and bottom two are new. These are marker lights for the 521 and possibly others?(if so let me know) I think I'm just about ready to offer some sets for those interested. Can be in clear or have color samples that I can ballpark match if you like the pearlescent.

Also something to note these are essentially handmade and not injection molded perfection so there may be little nicks and blems but nonetheless pretty awesome!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

You should consider posting on 60patrol.com. There are some parts that are NLA that members my be interested in buying. 

I know the following may be of interest:

windshield vent knobs

shift knobs

wiper motor cover

defroster hose coupler

crank handle mounts

Keith

• Like 1

521 steering column 'extenders' ? To take up that bullshit space behind aftermarket steering wheel hubs?

@mainer311 did a pretty slick piece that eats the gap up like this:
RZ8W6Yp.jpg

A top steering wheel column cover that incorporates single gauge pod for a 2-5/8" gauge. like this:
s-l1600.jpg

( I'd use like one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-SP0F000025-Sport-Tachometer-Black/dp/B00UM9WWBE/ )

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, EDM620 said:

Are the lenses 3D printed as well?

3d printing technology is making incredible strides but in my opinion its still not sufficient for lens manufacturing for automotive use. 

These are cast from a clear urethane with UV inhibitors and tint added. That's how I'm able to get the killer surface finishes and clarity. 

• Like 3

Ooohhhhhhh! I like nice job. My ‘69 has the shorter lights and I think the longer ones look better filling the gap on each side of the license plate. I’d love to get a set, buuut I’m gonna wager I need the later mounting plate/bracket correct? Do you or anyone happen to have a picture or a few of the mounting plate/bracket I could have a look at? Maybe I could cobble up something outta metal. 
-Pidge

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 4:23 AM, pidge said:

Ooohhhhhhh! I like nice job. My ‘69 has the shorter lights and I think the longer ones look better filling the gap on each side of the license plate. I’d love to get a set, buuut I’m gonna wager I need the later mounting plate/bracket correct? Do you or anyone happen to have a picture or a few of the mounting plate/bracket I could have a look at? Maybe I could cobble up something outta metal. 
-Pidge

I can take better pictures later, but yes. There's 2 bolts that hold them on and they are directional

rIkH2fG.jpg

• Thanks 1