69 510 Project

Come on Jeff, I doesn't take that long...I think I did mine in a solid day, but it only holds 6 quarts. At least you aren't going to bang the sump on anything hopefully.

You're proficient at tig welding though :fu:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

You're proficient at tig welding though :fu:

so your located in seattle huh... you wouldn't possibly ever want to help me chop up a set of 1200 headers and re-weld them to make a turbo manifold would you?

also the car is looking good we need to roll sometime! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Damn. How'd you go through your first KA already!?

my oil pan was flush with my crossmember and when we built it we figured it would be fine but an hour after lowering my car i was driving down the road and switched lanes and a roadturtle snagged onto the weld on my oil pan and ripped it open, running out of oil. i didnt realise it untill it was screaming at me and my oil light came on. we built a skid plate and are rebuilding the oil pan and raising it up about an inch or so. the ka i just got was only $25=] thanks to icehouse and frank.. theyre my buddies=] haha

• 1 month later...

i havent been giving my 510 the proper love on ratsun that it deserves. for those that dont know, my car is less than an inch from the ground (from the crossmember). but i believe that the car is never to low, but the ground is just to high :fu:

the ride to golden gardens sucked!! ive been on a more unever road then the one right before you get there. sparks were flying. as for the suspenion: didnt have the money to get coil overs quit yet so me and frank cut 280zx struts and put rabbit kyb inserts in them and lowered the perch. i have plenty of spring but still low. one of the lowest 510's atleast around here. i still need to work on the back suspension. i still have air shocks in the back and they dont go low enough. i have to much rake. as for the wheels i currently have. they are 175/60/13's. probably the smallest id ever go. im currently working on getting my hands on 13x7 13x8 staggered. can you say hellaflush?? the ride height is perfect for me. im fascinated by the super low car culture. as for some pics!:

PIC-0123-1.jpg

bb9be855.jpg

PIC-0143.jpg

PIC-0121.jpg

PIC-0145.jpg

sorry for the shitty phone pics but more to come, i promise!

and my motivation!!

low00.jpg