69 510 Project

So i just bought this car last wednesday. Come to find out the guy i bought it from is pretty shady = but I was looking for a project car to try and get done before Canby and i found it. It has a few dents but it doesnt have much rust and the big thing i was looking for was solid floor pans. I plan on dropping a KA24DE in and maybe boost, but thats another day lol.. Ill keep you posted. Sorry for the big pics

S5031175.jpg

S5031176.jpg

S5031177.jpg

S5031178.jpg

S5031179.jpg

S5031180.jpg

S5031181.jpg

S5031174.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe its a trick of the light but it looks like the taillight pannel got munched

ya the panel got munched up. it has a few problems. It hasnt been running for a while so it needs some work.. im going to go pick up a door, fuse box, wind shield wipers and some other misc stuff tomorow. this is my first project :D and yes i plan on keeping it that blue but i would like to respray it. if i cant match the color than i was thinking about black with gold flakes and gold panasports or old school gold enkeis

at last, another 510 with the same grill as mine. How's the interior?

yaaaa the 69 grill is pretty gangster :D

but theres not much interior, the dash and front seats and all the panels are there but the dash has a little crack and the seats have rips. the panels are perfect now i need some back seats lol

and yes my goal is to get it to canby on its on power:cool:

• 2 months later...

So its been a longggg time sense i've posted over here. not much prgress tho, school and work is kicking my ass plus the whole car accident thing. I plan on keeping the stock auto l16 right now just so i can be sure that it gets to canby. this will be my first time going so im pretty excited. but here are some pics from when i got her home

PIC-0199.jpg

PIC-0200.jpg

PIC-0201.jpg

PIC-0202.jpg

PIC-0203.jpg

PIC-0204.jpg

PIC-0205.jpg

PIC-0206.jpg

PIC-0207.jpg

PIC-0208.jpg

PIC-0209.jpg

PIC-0210.jpg

PIC-0211.jpg

PIC-0212.jpg

PIC-0213.jpg

PIC-0214.jpg

PIC-0215.jpg

Edited by SIXTY-NINE-DIME

As soon as i got her home i started working on her. I started with the interior which was pretty rusty but nothing to major, just surface rust. I still need to lay down another coat of primer than paint it. i havent decided what color to paint it, i want something thats bright and that will stand out like lime green. Dillon says to paint it black.. He's boring hehe

PIC-0287.jpg

PIC-0290.jpg

PIC-0291.jpg

PIC-0292.jpg

PIC-0293.jpg

PIC-0294.jpg

PIC-0295.jpg

PIC-0296.jpg

PIC-0297.jpg

PIC-0298.jpg

PIC-0299.jpg

PIC-0300.jpg

PIC-0301.jpg

PIC-0310.jpg

PIC-0311.jpg

Even got my cousin in on the fun

PIC-0303.jpg

I was having problems with the fuel pump on the car. when i bought it it had a bad fuel pump so i bought one from frank and put it in and it still wasnt working.. come to find out it wasnt getting actuated. the little thing that spins and pushes the fuel pump lever was screwed, so after replacing that i got her idling today. the weird thing is when i step on the gas she dies. Im still learning about motors so could any one help explain this?

Edited by SIXTY-NINE-DIME
could need a carb rebuild does the accell pump squrt fuel into the carb when you cycle the throttle linkage?

well, i tweaked the carb a little bit and started it and let it warm up and its running good now. Man i love this car, im learning alot from this project.

I soaked the fuse box in vinegar and bought some new fuses and rewired a few things and almost everything is working. i even got the origanal radio hooked up. i was amazed at how nice it sounds. i still need to get the headlights, dome light, wipers and some other misc stuff hooked up and working. oh and the blinkers which is weird sense the flashers work. but i have to call it a night.

• 4 weeks later...

well its been a while since i updated my thread. i rebuilt the carb a few days ago and changed out the spark plugs and fired her up today and tuned the carb perfectly. idles great and fires up right away. the motor is making a ticking noise, im thinking and hoping the valves just need to be adjusted. the inside is painted and ready for dyna mat and carpet. bought some rims on cl for 90 bucks, just something to sit on instead of flat stealies haha they have brand new tires on them. they remind me of trailer wheels but hey there better than what i had before. i plan on getting some new ones before canby rolls around. still need to sand and primer the trunk, wire the head lights and blinkers. bleed the brakes and remove the moldy head liner and replace it.

heres some pics of the wheels:

PIC-0350.jpg

PIC-0338.jpg

PIC-0342.jpg

Looking good dude!!!!

The weird thing about the turn signals and the blinkers is that they are separate circuits.... The flasher switch has to be plugged in to make the blinkers work but they are still seperate circuits non the less. Try turning on the blinkers and taping the blinker flasher with the back side of a screw driver, sometimes they just need a little help after sitting :D

Looking good dude!!!!

The weird thing about the turn signals and the blinkers is that they are separate circuits.... The flasher switch has to be plugged in to make the blinkers work but they are still seperate circuits non the less. Try turning on the blinkers and taping the blinker flasher with the back side of a screw driver, sometimes they just need a little help after sitting :D

thanks wolf man, ill go give it a try!

heres some update pics

Painted interior:

PIC-0377-2.jpg

PIC-0378-2.jpg

Tail lights and running lights wired up:

PIC-0379-2.jpg

PIC-0380-2.jpg

Testing the head lights (wired straight to the battery not the switch) having problems with the wiring:

PIC-0381-2.jpg

carb before and during rebuild:

PIC-0336.jpg

PIC-0335.jpg

PIC-0370-1.jpg

PIC-0371-1.jpg

PIC-0372-1.jpg

PIC-0373-1.jpg

Engine (then and now)

PIC-0200.jpg

PIC-0376-1.jpg

And this girl decided that the best way to ask me to our shool tolo is to write on my 510... wtf? lol:

PIC-0369-1.jpg

im sure ill ave more pics tommorrow haha but for now that should make u guys happy!

And this girl decided that the best way to ask me to our shool tolo is to write on my 510... wtf? lol:

PIC-0369-1.jpg

im sure ill ave more pics tommorrow haha but for now that should make u guys happy!

Well, if you going to decline

better do it in a nice way

Or else, it won't be a nice note on your windshield

It will be something like this

Hard to see but it's there

Compliments of the most unstable creatures around

She use a breaker bar from my tools :mad::mad:

They get you where it hurts most and it's not your nuts

At least not to me

BTW, nice progress on your dime

Keep it up

windshield.jpg

Well, if you going to decline

better do it in a nice way

Or else, it won't be a nice note on your windshield

It will be something like this

Hard to see but it's there

Compliments of the most unstable creatures around

She use a breaker bar from my tools :mad::mad:

They get you where it hurts most and it's not your nuts

At least not to me

BTW, nice progress on your dime

Keep it up

windshield.jpg

awww man sorry to see that bro. good thing i said yes to her lol... i wish she would come clean it off tho!

• 4 weeks later...

so its been a while since my last update. i recently layed dynamat down inside the car. bought a few parts included new air shocks, new spark plugs, new head lamp relay, and new rotors. i ordered a master c but the order got canceled because they didnt have them in stock (both orders). i also picked up a new door from frank in exchange for some left over dynamat and am also recieving a peanut head from him tonight also. i installed the rotors today but ran into a problem. the brake pads are to big... either that or the brakes are slightly pressed. ill figure that out later since i wont be using my brakes any time soon.

heres after i removed the old rotor

PIC-0441.jpg

The old rotor (even after being cleaned up)

PIC-0442.jpg

New rotor

PIC-0443.jpg

And the rotor on

PIC-0445.jpg