Carb recommendation

athoose

I got it fired up, running like crap. Once choke came off it won't run, idles high then steps down and dies. I'm trying to apply the choke but it seems stuck. Is this something on weber's, once it's warm, you can't close the choke?

Edited by athoose
Auto correct
  • Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you set the idle speed screw and air mixture screw per the instructions before starting and did you get a good working throttle return spring set up?

Timing correct? New fuel filter?

I can't figure out why your air filter won't sit flush by looking at your pictures.

Edited by AlexDeLarge
forgot something I wanted to say
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, AlexDeLarge said:

Did you set the idle speed screw and air mixture screw per the instructions before starting and did you get a good working throttle return spring set up?

Timing correct? New fuel filter?

I can't figure out why your air filter won't sit flush by looking at your pictures.

Came with instructions for adapter and throttle linkage, nothing else. You got a copy or link for these instructions?

As to the filter, it looks like the mold came apart on one end during manufacturing. Where the screen should be imbedded in rubber, the rubber is just laying on top, adding an extra 1/8 inch or more. I've bent the screens on one side radically to shorten it. Not to thrilled with this redline filter and I think I got charged a premium price for it. 🙄

• Like 1

Choke cable was binding, too many curves, cut length. Watched the carb tuning on idles last night. Adjusted fast idle, was almost out of room to adjust which seemed weird, adjusted idle. Started up but running rough, sprayed carb cleaner at carb and base was leaking all over. Reinstalled carb, just didn't have it bolted down tight enough, also put bigger washers and lock nuts on. Checked out throttle plate and fast idle while off, something was binding prior, reset fast idle. Fired right up, runs better than it ever has. Thanks all!

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, AlexDeLarge said:

Hell yeah!!!👍👍👍  I hope that video helped out....

Yes, it did! For now I just watched the quick explanations on idles but I'll be watching it in its entirety. Gotta get some fresh plugs, adjust valves then go over the carb adjustments again. But yeah, it's running fantastic right now. Thanks! I might pop for that adapter too, I've got an l16. That redline kit adapter is a pita and I don't have faith in it not leaking, down the road. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, athoose said:

Yes, it did! For now I just watched the quick explanations on idles but I'll be watching it in its entirety. Gotta get some fresh plugs, adjust valves then go over the carb adjustments again. But yeah, it's running fantastic right now. Thanks! I might pop for that adapter too, I've got an l16. That redline kit adapter is a pita and I don't have faith in it not leaking, down the road. 

Ok, well if you decide you want it sometime just let me know, it aint going anywhere. I had two because the first one I got had a defect on the surface that goes to the intake and I got a machinist out at my work to mill a little off to make it perfectly level, that is the one I put on my truck. In the meantime, the place I ordered it from sent me a replacement (no defect).

• Like 1