Water leaking into the cab from upper firewall seam

620crumudgeon

My 1976 620 has water leaking into to cab where the left end of what appears to be a firewall seam meets the left side. I'm guessing water accumulates in the area where the wiper motor is located and rust has created a hole where water leaks into the cab. I've looked in the corner of the wiper motor well and could not see the area where I believe the water leaks. Has anyone had a similar leak? If you did, how did you fix it?

John

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wiper is on the right side. On vehicles everything is viewed as when sitting in the driver's seat. The passenger side is on the right. But whatever. If you remove the wiper arms and unscrew the cowl cover, the thing with the slits to let air in. Inside on the far left and right are drains that empty behind the fenders just forward of the doors. They are easily plugged with pine needles, leaf debris and maple keys. These rot down and plug up the drains. I used a garden hose to rinse then out. It won't stop the rust but will at least let the water out.

Mine leaked badly on the driver's side.