What size is my 79 620 instrument twist light sockets?

Jetscat7

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The black or brown plastic things that hold the bulbs??? Never heard of this happening. UV from sun exposure can degrade plastic. How is this possible?U27tQet.jpg

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bulbs

5021.jpg

Twist-lock holder (7 used in round dash). These sockets fit bulbs with a W2.1x9.5d base (aka W2, miniature wedge, or T5 base.

Highly suggest you convert to LED so you can actually read the odometer... https://www.amazon.ca/WLJH-Dimmable-Automotive-Instrument-Indicator/dp/B07S8BRDM5/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=7JH8GuA1erwZG4-hqoUE5A&hsa_cr_id=5477465030201&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_2

Yes each one has only one catch and the other fell off.  This causes them to not want to stay in and not get good connections.  I dont think they are the T5 because I ordered the T5 and they were too small.  They are the grey ones from the instrument cluster.

U27tQet.jpg

.These are mine... probably T5  for 620 on right then maybe 720 early the last two on left are late 720? and Hardbody I think. The trend is towards smaller.  The far right also fit my '76 710.

Maybe sent wrong ones?