Rear seat swap for a 1985 720 king cab?

MaxG

I’ve seen multiple posts on front seat swaps, but haven’t seen anything about the rear seats. Has anyone ever swapped a bench into the back and made it fit comfortably? I have a 1985 720 4WD King Cab. If this has already been talked about, apologies! A redirection would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has because there isnt space.  That king cab section is maybe 15 inches deep.  You can't even fit a baby seat in the back of the cab much less a full size human.  The best you could do is upholster a 2x8 and put it in as a bench, but it would still be pretty useless.  You will need to add some inches to the cab to get a bench back there.  You can look up double cab 720s to see what Nissan did to fit a bench back there.

Edited by Lockleaf
  • Like 1

Just saw your DIY crewcab thread, that looks wild. I was hoping someone had found a way without fully taking apart the frame, but yea you're right - it is small back there. I'll just get some replacement jump seats and call it a day. Thanks for the quick reply 

• Like 1

Yeah that's kinda a where i was going with the whole "add a few inches" comment.  Still have that truck, really hope to get back to that pretty soon, but life keeps getting in the way of me playing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

There is nothing seamlessly going in a 720. Even all the front seat swaps either require work or place the driver in a higher position. When looking at a hardbody for parts you may as well be looking at a Ford or chevy. On that note if you can't find a 720 with seats branch out to the other brands of small trucks because that is probably the only way you will be able to find small enough although I don't know how many others actually had rear seats.

• Like 1

I ran into something at my buddies junkyard the other day. There was a Volvo wagon with kid size rear facing 3rd row seat. It would be a complete set up with seatbelts and all. Little people only. It brought back memories of profusely puking in the rear facing seat of a diesel powered chevy version of fords country squire wagon. Nothing like the smell of diesel exhaust while rolling backwards at highway speeds to induce uncontrolled car sickness. I don't know what engineer designed that vomit comet but hope the back seat of a diesel caprice wagon or whatever that was, faux wood paneling is where he spends his eternity.

• Like 1