New guy in MD with a '71 510

Sh00bs

lol yeah but it's the same on my laptop and phone at home.... kinda sucks but w/e at least i can post pics without having to make an imgur account. i guess it works... kinda 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Sh00bs said:

yeah i know "insert image from URL" is there, but the paperclip attachment to upload directly to this site IS NOT there. if it is, please circle it on my screen shot?

insert image from URL only allows me to post a link, which i did... no paperclip, sigh

edit:
here's my rat'd rx7 for anyone that might care

https://pasteboard.co/JVUEKWR.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JVUFcEbA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so fuck the emissions pipe that connects the header outlets. truck was running cold, had a feeling there was either no thermostat or a failsafe that locked open. go to put a new thermostat in... nbd, right? 
well not when when of your thermostat housing bolts breaks -_____- 
gave me about 1" to get some channel locks on and spin out, cool. 
well she broke off almost flush. sigh
go to remove the housing from the top side of the head, the rear bolt is blocked from getting a wrench or socket on since there's some emissions (guessing) tube connecting all the header runners.... 
with a ratcheting wrench i could get about 1/32 of a spin on the bolt and 1 click back to reset of a turn each time. needless to say this took a WHILE to get the bolt out... 
cleaned both sides. drilled the stud, tapped it, put a stud in, new gaskets, new thermostat, reinstall everything, clean threads and curse at that pipe when putting the bolt back in
we're good to go! what a pita though... i love this truck but man that was a 4 hour job that shoulda been 10 mins 
i'd post a pic... but.... hahaha
maybe i'll upload one to imgur. looks factory but has a stud and bolt on the top now rather than a  long bolt 

yikes. lol hard nope 

it was just too much of a project. full on shell with half ass welded on rear quarters. it needed WORK. i woulda loved to keep it but i have too many things to work on as is. i passed it onto another datsun enthusiast 

edit: 
installed 3" lowering blocks on the rear. turned the torsion bars up front. pulled the huge mirrors off it and threw on some fender mirrrors. ya know, ruining it. in the middle of installing a radio atm, im converting the common ground system to what's normal now a days

she's been running and driving great, and slow