Mcduffeldag

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Shit. I only checked the rears.

I just learned the front window frame height recently.  

12 hours ago, LS_Wagon said:

Sorry to derail but is the back window the same on Wagon and 4 door or all the back windows different?

Thanks.

The glass?  Never tried it.  

As said above, the front doors WILL bolt up either way, but the steel glass FRAME is a slightly different height...........the Goon is a little taller at that upper rear corner, cuz the roof line is basically flat, where the Sedan roof line kinda slopes down.  Look at rosso's pic of the Sedan........see how the upper rear corner of the front door frame lines up with the upper FRONT corner of the rear door?  You would loose that detail, some will notice, some will not.

The rear doors are completely different from the stainless waist trim up.  You can easily see the difference in the small window glass between the rounded Sedan vs squared Goon!

FYI the FRONT window regulators are ALL the same..........2dr 4dr & Goon.

If the window frames of the wagon doors are I acceptable shape, you can cut them free and weld them into the sedan doors.  The body sections of the does match,but the window sections must be swapped.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:13 PM, Lockleaf said:

If the window frames of the wagon doors are I acceptable shape, you can cut them free and weld them into the sedan doors.  The body sections of the does match,but the window sections must be swapped.

We were looking at the doors the other day.  The lower door shells are the same, the upper window frames are where the difference is.  I was wondering if you could cut the weld & spotwelds on the REAR vertical frame to the shell (maybe leave the front welds intact), push the taller Wagon frame DOWN into the door shell by that margin (1/4in??) & re-weld?  If the actual measured angle at that upper rear corner is the same, it might work.  If different, I can see it NOT working.............??  Hmmmmmmm 🙄

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, Duncan said:

I'm also curious about rear bumpers.  Will wagon rear bumpers swap with a sedan? (Provided the wagon and sedan rear bumper mounts used are correct for the body)  I heard both no and yes from multiple persons...

Wagon and sedan have totally different rear bumpers.

You can put a sedan bumper on a wagon with minor mods, but it really does not look/fit right.

You cannot put a wagon bumper on a sedan. It hits the valence in the middle.

Problem is the wagon bumper center section is more straight, sedan is more curved. Wagon bumper is also a bit wider, as a wagon is wider in the rear than a sedan.

In my experience a wagon and a 4dr sedan do not share one single part from the B-pillar back. 

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, datsunfreak said:

If it matters, I think the guts/door panels are slightly different also? Something in my memory is telling me either the door handle or the window crank is in a different spot...

Window crank is in a different spot. I bought some door panels for a 4 door and had no issues with the rear doors. The front doors had the window crank hole cut out in a different spot. Luckily the hole they came with were only in the particle board and not the vinyl.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:45 PM, datsunfreak said:

If it matters, I think the guts/door panels are slightly different also? Something in my memory is telling me either the door handle or the window crank is in a different spot...

The inner door handles on the REAR doors did move for the Wagon (the Sedan rear inner handles are all located the same), but the latches are the same (simply moved) & all of the door shells have the two different places stamped in the shell.  As far as I know, you can use any WAGON rear door on any Wagon, just need the inner latch in the correct position to match your door panel/card.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, LS_Wagon said:

Window crank is in a different spot. I bought some door panels for a 4 door and had no issues with the rear doors. The front doors had the window crank hole cut out in a different spot. Luckily the hole they came with were only in the particle board and not the vinyl.

I just took a look at my Wagon REAR doors......it was the inner door handle that moved.  All of the indentations for mounting are there & the two captive nuts.

Funny thing is, the 4dr Sedan rear doors I have, have the same indentations & captive nuts, which to me VERIFIES that the rear lower door shells are the same Sedan vs Wagon, just the upper glass frames differed!

17 hours ago, yenpit said:

I just took a look at my Wagon REAR doors......it was the inner door handle that moved.  All of the indentations for mounting are there & the two captive nuts.

Funny thing is, the 4dr Sedan rear doors I have, have the same indentations & captive nuts, which to me VERIFIES that the rear lower door shells are the same Sedan vs Wagon, just the upper glass frames differed!

Good to know! 👍

• Like 1