eBay find...$40k on stock suspension

mainer311

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice truck.  I agree....that's a lot of money for a stock undercarriage.....even if it is pretty much new.  I like the way MrBigTanker did the bed extensions at the bottom a lot more than the way these were done.  Doesn't flow as well....seems a bit lazy, but it's still much nicer than anything I could make. :)  .....although I'd at least have ball joints and disc brakes upfront. LOL

****edit*****  see my post below for an updated opinion after actually looking at the under carriage pics.

Edited by mklotz70
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Draker said:

It’s got nice parts and some good finishes. I like the under dash ac. 

Stereo setup looks cheap. Stock suspension? Yikes. They made it 90% the way there.

My front is stock except for coil overs.

5 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Front apron is horrific

Yes it is

4 hours ago, mainer311 said:

Wheels are hideous. Everyone has different taste with those, but it still doesn’t look right on an old Japanese truck.

Yes they are, but they fit under the wells like they should.

• Like 1

When I first looked at the link, I only saw the first four pics.....I went back and actually scrolled down......WAY more pics!!!  It's not a stock front end.  I'd love to see more details, but it's been converted to ball joints already.  The LCA's are using bolt in ball joints.  I can't see if it's a solid rotor or vented.  The sway bar has been moved to behind, so it crosses under the trans.  It's still running torsion bars, not coil overs.  Tension control rods are the bigger ones that go with the LCA's....good chance they had to move the front mounts inboard.  Still not sure about the price, but it doesn't seem nearly as far off as it did when I just based my opinion off the comment that it had stock king pins. 

8 minutes ago, mklotz70 said:

When I first looked at the link, I only saw the first four pics.....I went back and actually scrolled down......WAY more pics!!!  It's not a stock front end.  I'd love to see more details, but it's been converted to ball joints already.  The LCA's are using bolt in ball joints.  I can't see if it's a solid rotor or vented.  The sway bar has been moved to behind, so it crosses under the trans.  It's still running torsion bars, not coil overs.  Tension control rods are the bigger ones that go with the LCA's....good chance they had to move the front mounts inboard.  Still not sure about the price, but it doesn't seem nearly as far off as it did when I just based my opinion off the comment that it had stock king pins. 

a9c30ba8f8_1280.jpg

fe7f10faf9_1280.jpg

c996654f15_1280.jpg

• Like 2

Its not stock up front. I know the owner that had the truck built originally. He told me that he had a 720 whole front end put on it for the disk brakes. He said about 10 years ago he didn't want to tell me how much he had in it but it is between $60-$80K. Don't know who owns it now but it has a lot done to it. I personally do not like the color. I do like the A/C. I wish my KA 521 had A/C being in NORCAL. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, haubstr said:

Its not stock up front. I know the owner that had the truck built originally. He told me that he had a 720 whole front end put on it for the disk brakes. He said about 10 years ago he didn't want to tell me how much he had in it but it is between $60-$80K. Don't know who owns it now but it has a lot done to it. I personally do not like the color. I do like the A/C. I wish my KA 521 had A/C being in NORCAL. 

I met him I believe at JCCS, is this the guy that owns a plumbing business or something, if so really nice guy. The man that built was there also older gentlemen that built it. If its the same guy.

I’d drive it. That’s a clean 521.  It’s got some unique touches that are tasteful and some that aren't to me, but fuck yeah I’m sure it wins some awards and many more thumbs up.  Let’s give it a rest here and be glad it’s a custom 521. We all drool over 521’s, let’s be honest. Let’s ask how those tail lights were done or that AC. That’s something I’d like to talk about more......just my thoughts men. 
-Pidge

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pidge said:

I’d drive it. That’s a clean 521.  It’s got some unique touches that are tasteful and some that aren't to me, but fuck yeah I’m sure it wins some awards and many more thumbs up.  Let’s give it a rest here and be glad it’s a custom 521. We all drool over 521’s, let’s be honest. Let’s ask how those tail lights were done or that AC. That’s something I’d like to talk about more......just my thoughts men. 
-Pidge

The tail light and wheels are the only things that look bad in my opinion....

I do wish I did a big heater /ac unit like that..... my setup works but my ac is on the passenger side and I dont have a vent on the driver side.... still works good though...

• Like 1

@thisismatt Thanks for the lightening of the pics.  As soon as I saw them, I started to think it was a 720 clip.  Haubstr confirmed that.  The FWD offset on the rims is probably what allowed him to keep the rims in the fender without narrowing the frame.  It's a really, really nice 521!  I don't doubt that the original person that had it built spent $60k+ on it.  

• Like 1