J13 Carburetor

EL521

Good evening 

it’s been a while since I’ve posted something on here so I apologies ahead of time. I tried searching in other post about finding a kit for my carb but no luck. 
I have a 1969 Datsun 521 J13 with the Hitachi DCA306-4 carb and I’m trying to find a rebuilt kit, but I’ve had no luck. I came across a gentleman that said that’s the only carburetor that they did not make a rebuilt kit for. If someone would give me some options or know where I could find one I would really appreciate it. Thanks! 

D67B9804-2128-44CA-B89E-4ED5B943468B.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have pulled a lot of carburetors apart and simply reused the gaskets. There isn't a lot to wear out but dirt can get in and settings can need adjustment. Take apart carefully and preserve the gaskets. The old gasket can be used to trace the pattern for a new one. This is what owning an old classic is all about. You have to be prepared to substitute a part or simply make them. If not rushed there is great satisfaction working with your hands and getting an old carburetor (or anything else) back into working condition and having it motor you down the road.

You can buy various thicknesses of gasket paper and all you need are scissors, pen and a dollar store hole punch.

QPZZvcH.jpg

Wgwth2w.jpg

Yes, a Cheerios box will work.

uxuSywP.jpg

The rest is simply dismantling, cleaning and assembly. Some handy tools are old toothbrushes, always save old ones. Dental picks, Q tips, soft brass wire brush. A can of carburetor spray that has a straw to direct spray, an assortment of screwdrivers and spanners and a sharp knife. Oh, most important a digital camera to show how it should look before taking it apart. Take dozens of pictures.