Mill City is BURNING!

620slodat

I realize that this is not the place for this, but I don't have time. We are leaving shortly to get my wife's parents. They are only a few miles away from the wildfire (don't know for sure where the fire is) and they are in the mid 80's. For all of you that are believers, PLEASE PRAY!!! It is after 9:00 AM and I'm still using a flashlight!!.

Don

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fire update!! We just got home from getting my in-laws settled in with family better able to care for elderly that we were. Our son and daughter both left work early so they could help. My sister-in-law and nephew, and a family friend, also helped get them moved. 

On to the update. My wife found pictures of Mill City burning. The fire went through the Lyons/Gates area.  McCauley Mtn on the south side of Lyons was burning, which was 6 or 7 miles from my in-laws place. The bulk of the fire is north of the South Santiam River, but Lyons is on the south side of the river. I just listened to a level 3 GET OUT NOW alert on the radio for the Mowhawk Valley area, which is northeast of Springfield. My wife has an aunt that lives in Springfield. So I guess that the South Santiam canyon area is not the only place that is burning. The firefighters have a bigger job than they can deal with now. Keep ALL the firefighters and the people affected by the fires in your prayers!!

Don

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Draker said:

Blue river is toast as well. Saying over 100 buildings lost and possible fatalities. 

My wife's aunt that lives in Springfield, and the aunt's family and friends hunted the Blue River area, and new it well. Also, we heard online that there were at least 20 people trapped in the town of Detroit, unable to go east or west out of that area. People were camping around Detroit Lake and had to deal with getting out through the fire. I think it is BAD along the whole west side of the Cascade Mountains with this rare east wind pushing the fires towards all the heavily populated areas of the Willamette Valley. The smoke is real thick here.

Don

• Like 1

I just came in from spending most of the morning outside (5 gallons of tomatoes, a gallon of cherry tomatoes, a gallon of lemon cukes, a couple Armenian cukes,  and a few tomatillos. Definitely have to do some canning, maybe some pickling). It is still smokey and the air quality is poor, but not as smokey as yesterday. The wind apparently changed directions and blew the heavy part of the smoke elsewhere. I haven't talked to the in-laws this morning, but yesterday they were planning on trying to go out to their place today. The family member they were staying with was planning to take them out there. I don't think the fire got close to their place.

I just heard a level 3 evacuation alert for between us, Sweet Home, and Springfield, a triangular area. Albany is west of Sweet Home. According the the computer the humidity level is very low, 18%.

Again, please keep all those evacuated and the fire fighters in your prayers. And a very big THANK YOU for your prayers that you've already said. 

Don

• Like 2

Wow, this is a BAD year for fires!  We are having a horrible fire season here in Colorado too!  Been very dry, no rain, HOWEVER we got snow (in September!) yesterday & today, so hoping the fires will be under control soon.............once this storm is gone, it will quickly evaporate & we are back to dry again, back to more fire hazards!  Thoughts & prayers for everyone! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Draker said:

The entire city of estacada is under level 3 leave now evacuation. I know some folks up there. Fingers crossed it doesn’t make it that far.

I also know a family that lives somewhere around Estacada, just not sure where though. Thanks for the heads up.

My son just told me that someone was arrested for arson, and I just saw a blurb that a Mapleton resident was arrested for arson west of Eugene. Also, he told me that seven antifa members were arrested somewhere around Medford for arson. But, I haven't heard/read any corroborating stories.

Don

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wayno said:

i heard that there was at least 20 people were arrested for arson

7 minutes ago, gene knight said:

i read that the a-holes arsonists were in the southern oregon/ northern cali region, and were probably antifa terrorists. I'm not surprised if they are

Well Gene that is speculation unless you can supply a link to that info, there is so much being made up or left out lately for political purposes or for purposes of controlling people with fear that one cannot trust anything said anymore from anyone, it helps to have a link so one can find the source and figure it out from there.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 4

Looks pretty serious. 

Even made the news last night here in New Zealand.  (I didnt see the news tonight)  this coming summer will be my 15th year as a rural fire fighter. (I guess you call them wildfires)  (its spring here atm) looks like a mammoth task to try put that out.

Having seen homes destroyed 1st hand, (its actually sickening) I dont envy you guys.

Remember your l.a.c.e.s. (rural fire acronym)

Edited by Valvebounce
  • Like 1

I bought 3 510's from a guy in Estacada. He and his family are wonderful people and his property is deep in the woods. Not only is his entire property at risk, but also a bunch of rare cars and parts. This is just one of many who are at risk. This one is just personal to me.

• Like 1