jackfruit

Wiring for Datsun B210 electronic ignition distributor replacement

So they both have the same purpose? If so then technically I can have one go to msd box and one to dizzy? If I decide to remove msd then, I can join them together at that time?

One is on with ignition the other is on only with key in the start position.

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

One is on with ignition the other is on only with key in the start position.

Ok, I was thinking it was run, not start, what would be the purpose of a momentarily hot in this stock form? 

The black/red wire is so the coil has power when your trying to start the engine, when the engine is running it would show no power if not connected to the coil, at least that is how it is wired in a 521, so I am assuming it is wired the same for the same purpose.

It's to go around the ballast resistor for hotter spark, turns off when key returns to the ON position and does go through the ballast.

It's also separate from the start signal to the starter. So you can join them and the starter won't keep turning.

like I said BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLK/wht is Key ON  goes thru the fuse box to the ballast.

blk red is START.

I like the part of adding the MSD before you even figured out to see if this work with the orginal set up before maybe adding another proplem.

Some people Love the MSD, I don't think its needed.  takes up space wireing ect…. otherwise you could have used it with the points ignition and just used the distributor as a trigger

Edited by banzai510(hainz)