Wanted: 1985 720 “ST” bed decals / stickers

volkscafe

Looking for a set of dark grey / charcoal “ST” bed decals for my 1985 720. My originals on the truck are sun damaged and faded. Hopefully someone out there has had some made and can either provide a set, or info on who to get them from. The ones that are currently on EBay are wrong and not original even though he shows pictures of them, it is not the same as the ones he makes and sells. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Nissan dealer?

Maybe not, I'll take a look today since I have the joy of going to work. I looked at my catalog here at the house to no avail. Every 2 or 3 years I run across something that makes me wish I had snagged all of the microfiche film we used to use.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KELMO said:

Maybe not, I'll take a look today since I have the joy of going to work. I looked at my catalog here at the house to no avail. Every 2 or 3 years I run across something that makes me wish I had snagged all of the microfiche film we used to use.

You worked at a dealership????

• Like 1

Good luck if you know someone with a bed with some on it trace both sides and take the tracing to a Printing center and have some printed.  Might be expensive but you will have them.  Do not use bumper sticker vinyl if you can avoid it get some thing of better quality.  You might even consider water slide decals and clear coat over them.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:51 AM, datzenmike said:

You worked at a dealership????

Still do. Started with Nissan in 1986. Worked in several stores across AZ, NM, and TX. In 2009 I went to Infiniti until 2013. Did a 3 year stint at an MB Porsche and Audi store. In late 2016 I took a 2 year hiatus and have been back in a Nissan store since April of 2019.

I have never straight out mentioned it because, you know, dealerships are too expensive and the people that work there have no clue what they are doing.

You've heard that before, right?

In the past I have tried to help folks out on this site with part #'s and availability. I think it is curious that it took this long for someone to ask that.

Welp, the cat is out of the bag now.

BTW, I did not have time to search for decals on Saturday. The mention of the microfiche is because I seem to remember stuff like that listed in them in one of the first two films.

• Like 1

So, all I could find listed were the accent stripes that ran across the fender and door and turned up the back of the cab (?). As  I stated previously, I wish I had grabbed the microfiche and a viewer. Hindsight, always 20/20. 

Sorry guys.

• Like 1