510 seat belt kit

yenpit

This is a newly listed seat belt KIT for the 510!  I talked to the owner at seatbeltplanet, & he described the kit as having LOWERED the upper B pillar loop (see pic online)...........the kit still utilizes the factory upper mounting point at the headliner, which is too high up, causing the belt to ride up your neck.......this kit remedies that by lowering the loop!  We are ordering a kit now for a customer car, will report back later!

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30499406-1968-1973-datsun-510-driver-passenger-seat-belt-kit.html?ref=search:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seatbeltplanet.com%2Fsearch.html%3Fq%3D52218

• Like 2
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2020 at 9:42 AM, yenpit said:

This is a newly listed seat belt KIT for the 510!  I talked to the owner at seatbeltplanet, & he described the kit as having LOWERED the upper B pillar loop (see pic online)...........the kit still utilizes the factory upper mounting point at the headliner, which is too high up, causing the belt to ride up your neck.......this kit remedies that by lowering the loop!  We are ordering a kit now for a customer car, will report back later!

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30499406-1968-1973-datsun-510-driver-passenger-seat-belt-kit.html?ref=search:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seatbeltplanet.com%2Fsearch.html%3Fq%3D52218

I bought this set about a year ago. The lowered section was WAAAY too low for me (albeit, I'm a tall guy at 6'3") until I put a set of corbeau vintage bucket style seats in... now it's about perfect. If you're tall and have stock/similar height seats... you'll want the loop to be shorter. I think it's something like 8 inches... it should have been closer to 5-6" at most for me.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, shaddai said:

I bought this set about a year ago. The lowered section was WAAAY too low for me (albeit, I'm a tall guy at 6'3") until I put a set of corbeau vintage bucket style seats in... now it's about perfect. If you're tall and have stock/similar height seats... you'll want the loop to be shorter. I think it's something like 8 inches... it should have been closer to 5-6" at most for me.

Nice!  Our customer car will have GTS seats in it, WITHOUT the factory stamped steel "seat risers", which will lower the seat.  Clay is a taller guy, so hopefully work out as well as yours!  Our upholstery guy can also fold & stitch the extension shorter if necessary!

16 minutes ago, yenpit said:

Nice!  Our customer car will have GTS seats in it, WITHOUT the factory stamped steel "seat risers", which will lower the seat.  Clay is a taller guy, so hopefully work out as well as yours!  Our upholstery guy can also fold & stitch the extension shorter if necessary!

If I were to order them again... I would ask them to make the loop around 2" shorter. Completely unrelated... I just ordered their rear seat kit to match (lap belts only, though).

19 minutes ago, yenpit said:

inadvertent double post

Edited by shaddai
oops
2 minutes ago, shaddai said:

If I were to order them again... I would ask them to make the loop around 2" shorter. Completely unrelated... I just ordered their rear seat kit to match (lap belts only, though).

I need to take a better pic... but here's the seats I have now. The corbeau brackets suck... I had to rig some stuff AND get their 4" extension kit... and it's still too far forward. Oh well.

3 hours ago, yenpit said:

I see a dealer installed AC system under your dash!  😎

Yup... it's not hooked up (no belt) so I don't yet know if it works. If it's anything like the rest of the car... it'll probably need at least a little bit of love, but otherwise be functional.

16 hours ago, shaddai said:

Yup... it's not hooked up (no belt) so I don't yet know if it works. If it's anything like the rest of the car... it'll probably need at least a little bit of love, but otherwise be functional.

We restored a 240Z, kept the dealer installed underdash unit (evap core etc), but everything else under the hood was NEW universal fit parts.............much smaller & much more efficient Sanden compressor, condenser, receiver drier, custom hoses etc.  We used a later crank pulley, a 280ZX aluminum compressor bracket (only fits the 6cyl) & had to modify the tensioner bracket to line up pulleys.  Was straight forward AC work, with some mods!  Worked GREAT!

• Like 1