5 speed trans

Socalman

I likely have a used one of them, I don't think your going to buy a new one unless someone decides to sell one on ebay that has been in their parts box for years.

You still need to modify the transmission mount bracket or buy one already made and then use that 720 transmission mount, your 521 transmission mount will not work with a 71B 5spd unless you modify it like Mike suggested, in reality it actually needs to be lower also.

I used to make 5spd transmission mounts, and they looked like this in the attached photo, someone on here makes them for the same 720 mount and his are more adjustable forward/backward, if you cut the mount like Mike suggested the transmission may sit too high and hit the tunnel.

DSCN0916.JPG

• Like 2
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Socalman said:

Thanks, but what is this mount that the parts store selling as a 521 trans mount? it obviously doesn't fit. what is everyone doing to replace their broken 4 speed trans mount?

The mount sold is basically 71b mounts for 620s and 720 maybe other models..

The correct one is basically no longer available... last time I saw one for sale it was over $100.... 

Best thing to do is modify your bracket to use the newer mount.... 

• Like 1

Have a look at automatics too.

These below all used the 71B auto or 4/5 speeds.

The 3N71B (3 spd auto) and the FS5W71B from all 620 and the  '80 720 4 and 5 speed trucks, show one mount regardless of weather standard or automatic. If you think about it, why make a different mount for every vehicle??? As this will be a custom mount it only has to fit the transmission.

The S110 200sx are the same and probably the S12 200sx.

The 810 and Maxima seem to be the same

The 280z and 280zx seem to be the same.

Start an ad here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... someone may have an automatic or 71B mount laying around.

• Like 1