JCCS 2020

MikeRL411

As of today JCCS 2020 is scheduled for Oct 10, 2020. Same place Marina Park Long Beach as last year.  Registration begins 1 August.  Photos required like last year front and rear quarter, engine and interior.  Personally not betting on whether this date will pass the sniff test re Corona virus but keeping my options open.  Hoping for confirmation of this year's meet, Good luck to us all.

• Like 2
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

As of today JCCS 2020 is scheduled for Oct 10, 2020. Same place Marina Park Long Beach as last year.  Registration begins 1 August.  Photos required like last year front and rear quarter, engine and interior.  Personally not betting on whether this date will pass the sniff test re Corona virus but keeping my options open.  Hoping for confirmation of this year's meet, Good luck to us all.

Corona will be around until at least Nov, 3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 7/26/2020 at 4:57 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Corona will be around until at least Nov, 3

I know people who've had a really bad case of this and others who have died. It's here to stay cause no one wants to take it seriously. And it's some serious shit.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

No different then the Flu. But not to worry because JCCS is cancelled.

My friends would beg to differ. It is far worse than the flu. That shit wreaks havoc your lungs. You will have problems possibly the rest of your life. She’s already had the virus 2 months and is just barely getting better. The full body ache, not being able to breathe without severe pain, feeling like you have glass in your lungs when you breathe. But I get it. You don’t know anyone who has suffered severely with it. I hope you never do. I know a few people and have friends who also know people that have been put in the hospital. That shit can attack (and has) every organ in your body. It can cause blood clots. It can cause brain damage. But keep in thinking it’s the flu. I hope you don’t get it cause you’ll definitely think differently if you get a severe case of it.

I could give a shit about JCCS. I don’t want to see anyone else suffer with this.

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 2

It varies case by case, my girlfriend has many family members up in Washington State that had it, some didn't even know, couple got very ill, luckily nobody was hospitalized, ah yes, two are pregnant and already cleared, it all comes down to how healthy you are when you catch it. 😷

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

It varies case by case, my girlfriend has many family members up in Washington State that had it, some didn't even know, couple got very ill, luckily nobody was hospitalized, ah yes, two are pregnant and already cleared, it all comes down to how healthy you are when you catch it. 😷

Everyone will have a different experience, yes. I’m saying I know folks that have had a severe case and the shit ain’t the flu or the sniffles. It’s serious. Be careful. That’s all I’m saying. It’s no joke.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, colourbox said:

Everyone will have a different experience, yes. I’m saying I know folks that have had a severe case and the shit ain’t the flu or the sniffles. It’s serious. Be careful. That’s all I’m saying. It’s no joke.

Agreed, it's a nasty virus 😐

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

But it is Dong Beach so it would probably get cancelled anyway.

Who called the cancellation months ago, eh Mr Big?  No foreigners want to come over and see a bunch of dongs on a beach, anyway.....

What really sucks for me is that I missed JCCS last year due to my niece's wedding, and I'm missing it again this year due to the virus scare.  I do understand the precautions, though.

• Haha 2

Did you all see this? Could be interesting. Petersen has been doing virtual car shows we can participate in. I just haven't been able to yet cause Stanley was in the shop getting some miscellaneous whatnot done.

Dear Friends,

We are very sorry to announce that the 16th Annual JCCS® will be postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although we would like to wait longer until making a decision, we must give our attendees and fans coming from afar enough notice to adjust their travel plans. Needless to say, we want everybody to be safe and healthy and do not want to risk you or your families in any way. Let’s look forward to a safe gathering in person next year.

However, we would like to do something to continue our mission of giving recognition to classic Japanese cars by hosting a virtual event. We have always wanted to hold an East Coast JCCS but it was not logistically possible for us. With the virtual JCCS event, people who live far away, even overseas, can participate. This event, forced by special circumstances, gives us a chance to hold a truly global celebration of Japanese cars. Let’s show off your Kyusha passion! Please join us for JCCS 2020 – World Matsuri Week!

Registration to JCCS World Matsuri Week will open on August 15. Please stay tuned for more registration details.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, thisismatt said:

You forgot it's Long Beach, MrBigTanker is there, and no swapmeet

of course Tanker is going to be there,, from what I understand they order the trophies with his name already on some of them 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • 2 months later...