Most recent source for H190 Axle seals? (pinion as well)

ethree0

Rebuilding the H190 axle and hoping to put in all new seals. Searched and found some part numbers, but i worry that inventory and availability has decreased

I have found the Pinion seal PN "NATIONAL 1979" which shows the factory part number 38189-P0101 as a good cross reference.

(new information: Still available from the dealer per KELMO)

Have found the Inner "oil" seal on Rockauto as PN "CENTRIC 41742009". Can anyone confirm fitment?

Factory part number is 38212-73000

As for the outer "grease" seal, having a hassle trying to cross reference the numbers on the rockauto website.

Factory part number is 43232-B5000

(new information: “Timken 1974” Should be the aftermarket cross reference. Will confirm once I order. )

Sources are getting a little harder maybe? I wish that the Nissan part numbers had some generic seal numbers that i could use at a seal vendor.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by ethree0
Updating with latest info.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Is that H190 out of the 620 or something else?

yessir! I have the ‘79 short bed pickup, 

and managed to source an LSD unit. Also doing the beebani watts rear end, so decided to disassemble in order to get it coated and then rebuilt.

I was actually starting to wonder if the “oil” and “grease” seals are the same when compared to the early 4cyl D21 H190 axles. maybe there’s a better chance at finding parts for that one? 

• Like 1

Rear axle seal D21 : 43252-VW000. Not sure that is going to be the same size.

620 pinion seal #'s I came up with were 38189-A6100 and 38189-02700. 

43232-B5000 will also fit the 720

38189-P0101 will also fit the 720

I would try that route instead of D21, just be cautious if you see something that refers to HD (Dually rear end)

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ethree0 said:

As for the outer "grease" seal, having a hassle trying to cross reference the numbers on the rockauto website.

Factory part number is 43232-B5000

Ok.  After searching eBay, I have found that this part number cross references to the “Timken 1974”. 

still looking for the inner “oil” seal. More to follow 

10 hours ago, KELMO said:

Rear axle seal D21 : 43252-VW000. Not sure that is going to be the same size.

620 pinion seal #'s I came up with were 38189-A6100 and 38189-02700

43232-B5000 will also fit the 720

38189-P0101 will also fit the 720

I would try that route instead of D21, just be cautious if you see something that refers to HD (Dually rear end)

as for the pinion seal, I believe there is an early/late split for the part number. Maybe this is why we are finding different numbers? 

On 7/26/2020 at 8:01 PM, ethree0 said:

Ok.  After searching eBay, I have found that this part number cross references to the “Timken 1974”. 

still looking for the inner “oil” seal. More to follow 

as for the pinion seal, I believe there is an early/late split for the part number. Maybe this is why we are finding different numbers? 

I can confirm that the rock auto rear inner seal listed (41742009) is correct. we just did these on our truck.