Hazard switch/ Blinker issue

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster... I have an 84 720 4x4 z24. I went and picked up a headlight/ blinker combo switch and my high beams work now but I have to return it due to they didn't give me the collapsible column one and it dont fit on column.. while on there my blinkers on either side still dont work. I was reading on other things here to mess with the hazard switch but I dont have one, and I haven't replaced the blinker flasher yet.. So:

1) is not having a hazard switch making my turn signals fail to work? -if so what are the wire colors so I can trace them?

2) I can only find 2 flashers in the truck attached to the fuse panel by driver's door, are those the turn and hazard flashers?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a common problem with the 720 4 way flasher. When returned to the OFF position the turn signals are re connected but what I have found is the switch travels too far and goes right past them and disconnects.

Turn the ignition and the turn signal ON. Slowly move the 4 way emergency flasher switch towards the ON position. When the turn signal begins flashing stop. Try that.

I would have messed with the 4way emergency flasher, buuuut, there is no switch, only a few unplugged clips. Not sure what is unplugged yet or if some are plug and play for other stuff. But I need to figure out what wires are for the 4 way emergency flasher (if they are still intact that is). 

After a long trip off the mountain (1.5 hours) to Pull n Save. They had my alternator, 4 way emergency switch (and a bunch of other goodies I needed for the inside of my king cab. I installed the 4way emergency flasher switch and BOOM! I have left and right blinkers! Now onto all the other stuff I have to fix on this beast!

Datzenmike, Thank you much for the input of knowledge on this issue! I'm sure you will be seeing more of me on this great page!