condensation at carb base

What causes condensation at base of the carb.I noticed it when i let the engine get warm for about ten minutes.I have a weber 32/36 progressive carb on it.I also have a custom plate made to swith it from fuel injection.It has a ka24e engine.Could this be a vacuum leak? I sprayed carb spray at the base of the carb and the engine sound nor RPMs changed.??

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is completely normal and in the winter can form frost. Gasoline won't burn until it evaporates and mixes with the air. This is an endothermic reaction and absorbs heat energy in order to evaporate. Like putting alcohol on your skin and blowing on it and feeling it cool. Intake manifold air will be cooler than the air outside, the manifold or base of the carburetor will also be cooler and like a cold beer glass, moisture in the air will collect in droplets on it.

19 hours ago, nissan720 said:

When i try to get to cruising speed,its  It cuts back.Like it don't want to take the gas?

OK. when you accelerate up to cruising speed is the pedal right to the floor? or just enough to get there???

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

OK. when you accelerate up to cruising speed is the pedal right to the floor? or just enough to get there???

When going through the gears do you put the gas pedal to the floor or not.

Or are you not in a hurry and just driving up to 60?

• 2 weeks later...