Need help identifying a part

It's a sort of a washer on the A10's front struts. It's maybe about 1cm tall and is made of rubber and metal, I'm pretty sure it goes beneath the piece that holds the spring from the top, looking for a new one because the rubber is very worn so I can hear the suspension shifting around when I drive. Thanks!

Also sorry I can't post a picture of it I don't have to tools to get to it right now.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just learned TODAY about the new pic posting feature here!  Pull up a "reply" window.  Look down at lower left, says "drag files here to attach, or choose files" link.  I use "choose files" link, goes to your pics file on your computer/phone, choose pic!  This "drag files her......." does NOT appear until you open your own "reply" window.  Good luck! 

IMG_2645.JPG

Oh, I thought it was more important. I'm having two main issues, maybe you've encountered them on your adventures. When I turn the wheel, it sounds like the spring is slipping. The only way I can really describe the sound is it's like you hit a metal barrel with a hammer, just more muffled, it's a metal on metal sound with a lot of echoing. Also, my gland nut (the one that hold in the strut right?) keeps coming loose, resulting in a semi-constant rumble as the suspension is probably shifting around from the looseness. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I got a friend to hold the whole strut in place while I tightened it with a wrench and it felt perfect (apart from the spring sounds) while driving, but it loosened over time. Do I have to add copious amounts of thread locker or something? Or is there some other trick to tightening it? Thanks!  

Try turning from side to side while someone locates where the sound is coming from.

1393131018_strutmods014.thumb.jpg.eeb1329bc95e2b201362ba79928c2cf1.jpg

Gland nut. I just tighten with a pipe wrench. 

1191362301_strutmods016(Large).thumb.jpg.b32e40945f1d9776be5cdeab92dfccd3.jpg

You have that inner O ring in place inside?

2061537930_strutmods012(Large).thumb.jpg.ce2ec775203a2ad79d067e6948eb8b40.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to this topic. Both sides seem to be evenly distributed. There's also a rumbling sound as I drive as if something's loose, I've crawled under the car and can't figure out what it is though, I'm starting to think something with the strut may be broken, I've followed your guide on rebuilding them as well as a few others and I've done it about 5 times now but nothing changes. Is there any way to get a hold of new front struts for these cars? I can only find ones like these:https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/510/front-coilover-conversion-datsun-510. And I'm sure those would be fantastic, but those cost about as much as I payed for the car, and I'm not sure if I want to do that. Thanks! 

That would be amazing but I'm over four hours from you and wouldn't want to give you any trouble. I have idea I was thinking of doing anyways though, I could just make a video of the issues I've been facing, maybe I could use my external microphone and have it next to the strut as I drive along as well. I'm sure looking at it in some form would be more helpful compared to me just rambling.