RustedRails

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update: Got the cab off the chassis. This was pretty tricky, didn't have access to the hoist at the time so we raised the front of the truck up on the ramps, then jacked the back up, put some sawhorses I built under the cab and lowered the frame. Next we had to maneuver the chassis out from under the cab with a series of chess moves....all in all, was a great learning experience for both of us but at the end of the day, we got it done.

Chassis is in pretty good shape. There are no major issues that I can see rust wise. Most looks to be surface rust so once we get the suspension fab'd up, the whole thing will go to the media blaster. I know this project is moving slow but with both of us working, we get time in where we can. It's definitely coming along though!

dQTp2pX.jpg

KofbsK2.jpg

nX22rvp.jpg

Edited by RustedRails
  • Like 3

It's a great feeling to get it down to the chassis, allows you to look everything over and determine what falls into the category of "gotta do now" vs "later". 

Definitely check the operation of your park brake cables as a couple of guys including myself have found the Left cable very difficult to obtain a replacement for.

• Like 1