Fog lights on a 521

DanielC

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Digging through my old stuff, I have found two Cibie series 35 fog lights, one amber, one clear.  I was able to order a close to original factory fog light switch, and have installed it in Dragon's dashboard.

I could drill holes in the bumper brackets, and mount the fog  lights below the bumper, but that is a little low to the ground, more possibility of breaking the fog lights, and drilling a hole on the bumper bracket will weaken an already "pretty much for decoration only" bumper.

• Like 1

The NOS eBay USA Thailand sourced 521 headlight switches are for the factory fog lamps!  The knob/shaft TWISTS to turn on the fog lamps, but only in the running lights & headlights positions, not in the OFF position.  You might have been the one to tell me that!!??  I bought one, likely won't use it........PM if interested!

TJ 

• Like 2
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 4:25 PM, yenpit said:

The NOS eBay USA Thailand sourced 521 headlight switches are for the factory fog lamps!  The knob/shaft TWISTS to turn on the fog lamps, but only in the running lights & headlights positions, not in the OFF position.  You might have been the one to tell me that!!??  I bought one, likely won't use it........PM if interested!

TJ 

It would probably fit & function in a 410 or 411.  411s  came pre wired for the for lamps but the fog lamp unique switch was not universally provided.  Wires? Yes,  Mounting holes in bumper?  Yes, with filler plugs..  Proper switch? Maybe.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

It would probably fit & function in a 410 or 411.  411s  came pre wired for the for lamps but the fog lamp unique switch was not universally provided.  Wires? Yes,  Mounting holes in bumper?  Yes, with filler plugs..  Proper switch? Maybe.

I don't host & post pics, but if you would like to see pics of the headlight/fog lamp switch, PM me with email or text!  FYI all of the wires ON the switch are black......not color coded. 

TJ

• Like 1

I have already got the switch, and I put a stock 521 knob on it.  The switch and wiring is the easy part.

I am starting to lean toward modifying a spare set of bumper brackets with a thicker cross section, so drilling a hole in the brackets will not weaken them.   

But I realize a bumper on a 521 is pretty much decoration only,  it was after 521 trucks were done being made that they started requiring 5 mph impact bumpers on cars.

• Like 1