First post. (sort of)

DrYosh

Long time no see, Ratsun! You may have seen me lurking around years ago as "josh_t". Well I'm back. Gotta do my obligatory first post. Photobucket isn't what it was back in the day, so oics are gonna be fun. Trying to use Google photos if anyone has advice for that. Here is a photo album at least.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xw4CFkMpB4ApLSAZ9

You've seen the car before, I'm sure. It's been owned by two of us on here now. Got it from Hitch back in ~'13. It was factory auto. Now it has a 63a dogleg 5 speed. Weber 32/36, matchbox distributor, IR alternator, usual stuff.

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I remember... https://ratsun.net/profile/9885-josh_t/  ... Do you still have your old password? I can reset it for you so you can get back in and continue on.

I'm using imgur but there are others that host pictures. I think Ratsun allows pictures directly now. I think it's the 'choose files' lower left.

I know the mods would remember. You put up with my antics back then. 🤣 Well I don't have access to the old email account attached to that profile and everything about that profile will need to be changed. But if you can change the email too, then I guess it'd work fine. I don't mind either way.

19 hours ago, Macdrone said:

Hey can you take pictures of the transmission mount and slave cylinder setup used to put that dogleg in there.  I am getting ready to try to do this, but am on the fence lol.

Here are some oics I got for you of the master and slave cyls. Best I can do is the rear crossmember without the car being jacked up. I don't know much about the mount itself. I ran what was attached to it in the JY. Got this thing wrapped up just in time for IA ATL spring meet 2017. The auto to 63a swap is a breeze with that big ol tunnel.

IMG_20200617_082326626.jpg

IMG_20200617_082334663.jpg

IMG_20200617_082402967.jpg

IMG_20200617_082444037.jpg

Edited by josh_t
adding pics

Auto driveshaft fits the 63a too, btw. It was very straightforward. Change pedal box, install hydraulics, put the pilot bushing in the crank and put the fly wheel on. And then in goes the transmission. Wiring is simple. Make sure you have the shim plate between the trans and the engine. I needed shifter bushings and the cup and both the inner shift boot and clutch fork boot. Got all that from a 71 series application from z car depot. Using redline trans fluid to not kill the synchros too.

Ya i dont have an auto, i do have a driveshaft but need to put the new U joints in it and have it checked for balance.  As for the rest its sketchy.  I have about everything, but with it all being old I keep thinking I dont have anything wrong with the 4 speed why mess with it.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:19 AM, Macdrone said:

I have about everything, but with it all being old I keep thinking I dont have anything wrong with the 4 speed why mess with it.

If you had the the 5spd in, you would understand!!!

• Like 1

I've never driven a 4 speed b210, but compared to auto, there is a night and day difference. That OD definitely is nice. Even with the 3.889 auto rear instead of the 3.70 the 5 speed originally would have, I cruise at like 3600 on the interstate. Far cry better than the 1:1 in the auto, being well over 4000 IIRC. And closer ratios with the 5 speed is nice too when you have so little torque to work with.