82 720 SD22 REVAMP

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took this thing to get an alignment today! First time driving it (not around the block) since it’s been apart. It was kind of nerve racking at first, but it felt so good with the new suspension, steering rack, ball joints, tires, everything. Really put the love back into it for me. The guy at the shop that aligned it couldn’t get the steering wheel centered since I had taken it off previously. So I told him to align the tires and I’d handle the wheel.  The alignment has a 6 month warranty on it so he said to fix the wheel and bring it back so that he can re-set the alignment. He said in the process of trying to ge the wheel center he had to almost max out one side of the outer tie rod to the rack inside of the adjusting sleeve. He also mentioned my camber was ” / \ “ but I’ve never messed with the torsion bars so I’m not to sure how to go out that. I know there is plates but if I add them, then wouldn’t that be adding more negative camber? I centered the steering wheel as best I could but if he got the alignment “in the green” then I’m not sure how me fixing the steering would improve the true alignment of the wheels themselves.

D0378269-471A-45A1-8F45-1E720B348885.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick piece of info on the parts. It’s a set of rear interior panels. A king cab plate for near the door. Tilt steering column off of an 83. Mirrors from my 82. Pedal assembly. Front bumper frame mounts. The front bumper with plastic sides. Door trim that say “Nissan”. And the heater defrost and blower from my 82 with no a/c. And the interior A/C blower from under the dash off of an 83. I also have the factory 14in wheels with beauty rings( not pictured)