VG33E Swap L20B?? Possible? Target---> 1978-620KC

Greetings Ratsun.net forums!  My name is Ryan and I am here to see where I am able to collect information on my journey in building a Hakosuka truck.  Maybe I am a little advantageous, but I am here to learn what is currently available to purchase and what is not.  I currently own two nissan vehicles and they are a 1998 xe 4x2 pathfinder and a 1978 Datsun king cab.  I have a dysfunctional L20B motor and trans installed and would like to gain knowledge on how I maybe able to swap out the two engines and replace the transmission from both cars.  I am also thinking of parting out the pathfinder and using as much of the parts as I can for the Datsun.  Thanks for reading my first post; looking forward to acquiring all of your knowledge in this topic.  

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with the others about keeping the L-series motor. It's a lot simpler - I am doing a VG33 swap into a 510 wagon and there are tons of details and gotchas to deal with.

But the VG33 is not that big and looks quite at home in the 510.

49461253171_2a14a769f3_o.jpg

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, ]2eDeYe said:

510 engine bay is a lot more roomy than a 620 engine bay.  🙂 

I would never have suspected this.  I've only owned 1 620 though and i flipped it pretty fast after fixing all previous owners "repairing while drinking" issues.  That's surprising.