Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, john510 said:

You really are clueless.Some of the shit you're typing has me laughing.Your food stamp comment stands out as a huge joke.You have no idea what people are buying with food stamps do you ? How about soda pop,Cheetos or Red Bull as a start ? I see it everyday at my local liquor store.It's an abused system.Section 8 brings down neighborhood values and attracts those that will destroy your rental property.My friend sold his two rentals because of what the section 8 tenants did to them.He spent 60K renovating the two houses just so he could sell them and be done with it.Try a fucking job and birth control if you want more out of life.

Uh huh, if I am so clueless why don't you educate me - with some credible sources? Mattendew76 hit me with a pretty good one earlier. Lots of good stuff. 

I don't know what people are buying with EBT? Because that's the problem with it eh? Ignoring all my points but sure we can address yours and then you can address mine, right? Yes a lot of it is spent on Pop / sugary drinks. No they shouldn't be allowed to purchase it with EBT - just like beer. That's your point for getting rid of it though? Because people use it to buy junk food? The 10-12% of it being spent on junk food is enough to get rid of it altogether? 

I'm not saying rentals don't get abused but that's not what ALL Section 8 people do.Again, unless you have something that says different?

My Ex's parents were both retired lawyers. All they did was buy houses, get them 'up to code' and let Section 8 people move into them (Side note, they bought Gary Ridgways house and before they could renovate it the cops took it over to gather evidence for the Green River cases. They got that house back with like 4ft x 4ft holes cut out of the fuckin floors and walls and only got a settlement of like 10k before they had to take them to court to get more money from the cops).

Sure, there were sacks of shit that would wreck up the joint - but I've had other another friend who is a realtor who don't rent to Section 8 have the same thing happen to them (a whole goddamn bedroom turned into a litter box for their 6 cats!!). 

Again all your and my stories are anecdotal, and I don't think it makes us either more right or 'wrong' than the other person. The point being is just because there is Section 8 being around I don't think it equates to more homes getting fucked up and screwing over renters - that depends on the fuckfaces that are renting it. 

Edited by BrothersGarage

EBT should be dropped. If you're too embarrassed to pick up a box of low cost food staples, then gfys and pay with your own money. Many times have I been at the store buying basics when people in front of me have two orders, one EBT of staples and one of beer & junk. All these systems are abused to hell. Low income housing members renting rooms out under the table for cash. Baby mamas flipping thier free diapers/etc for cash. 

• Like 2

Section 8 was the government's way of getting out of building and maintaining "projects". They would build large subsidized housing complexes and then have to tear them down ten years later because the inhabitants would make them unlivable and unrepairable. Strip the wiring for copper on their way out. This shifted the burden to landlords that think they would get a steady check from the government, guaranteed rent but many got burned by the type of inhabitants that utilize section 8. My parents had a rental duplex when I was a kid. I would mow and help my Dad with repairs. Those fuckers were primates and we had to paint and replace cigarette burned furniture every changing of the guard. Fucking drunks seemed to take their frustrations out on the toilet for some reason. We had more damaged toilet issues than anything else. The best tenant was a psycho that got a Nut check from the government. Payed every month and even mowed for a discount. By age 14 I knew to never bother with renters.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BrothersGarage said:

Uh huh, if I am so clueless why don't you educate me - with some credible sources? Mattendew76 hit me with a pretty good one earlier. Lots of good stuff. 

I don't know what people are buying with EBT? Because that's the problem with it eh? Ignoring all my points but sure we can address yours and then you can address mine, right? Yes a lot of it is spent on Pop / sugary drinks. No they shouldn't be allowed to purchase it with EBT - just like beer. That's your point for getting rid of it though? Because people use it to buy junk food? The 10-12% of it being spent on junk food is enough to get rid of it altogether? 

I'm not saying rentals don't get abused but that's not what ALL Section 8 people do.Again, unless you have something that says different?

My Ex's parents were both retired lawyers. All they did was buy houses, get them 'up to code' and let Section 8 people move into them (Side note, they bought Gary Ridgways house and before they could renovate it the cops took it over to gather evidence for the Green River cases. They got that house back with like 4ft x 4ft holes cut out of the fuckin floors and walls and only got a settlement of like 10k before they had to take them to court to get more money from the cops).

Sure, there were sacks of shit that would wreck up the joint - but I've had other another friend who is a realtor who don't rent to Section 8 have the same thing happen to them (a whole goddamn bedroom turned into a litter box for their 6 cats!!). 

Again all your and my stories are anecdotal, and I don't think it makes us either more right or 'wrong' than the other person. The point being is just because there is Section 8 being around I don't think it equates to more homes getting fucked up and screwing over renters - that depends on the fuckfaces that are renting it. 

You think 10 to 12% of EBT/Food stamp benefits are being used for junk food ? laughable and again clueless.When i was young,poor and had a wife and to kids to support i got vouchers for the food bank,no debit card BS.My choices were the staples necessary for nutritional health.Bread,cheese,fresh vegetables,lunchmeats,sometimes milk.You couldn't abuse that system.You got real food not potato chips and soda pop.You say i'm ignoring all your points,you haven't really made one yet.Section 8 is a big abuse.El Cajon California is a great example.Section 8 all over the place.You know what these people are driving ? Beemers,Mercedes and for some odd reason the Dodge Challengers.I don't make this stuff up just to argue.Wake up.

• Like 1

When I was working at Safeway,I'd see a mother come in in  rge morning

with a young child,& buy donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast.

We used to give change back (up to 99 cents).One guy would get a banana,

so he'd get change back,doing this multiple times,to get money for alcohol.One

clerk came up with a great idea.He'd say "No charge",which really caught the scumbag

off guard.

A lot of these people would buy nothing but junk food, &a lot of things I'd never buy,

like pints of Ben & Jerrys ice cream. 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, john510 said:

You think 10 to 12% of EBT/Food stamp benefits are being used for junk food ? laughable and again clueless.When i was young,poor and had a wife and to kids to support i got vouchers for the food bank,no debit card BS.My choices were the staples necessary for nutritional health.Bread,cheese,fresh vegetables,lunchmeats,sometimes milk.You couldn't abuse that system.You got real food not potato chips and soda pop.You say i'm ignoring all your points,you haven't really made one yet.Section 8 is a big abuse.El Cajon California is a great example.Section 8 all over the place.You know what these people are driving ? Beemers,Mercedes and for some odd reason the Dodge Challengers.I don't make this stuff up just to argue.Wake up.

How many fuckin times do I have to ask for links? All you're saying is anecdotal shit. 

Fuckin ignoring everything I said when you quoted me and saying I didn't make a point. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14969459

Edited by BrothersGarage
46 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

After the internet bubble burst, I found myself broke and was thankful that food stamp/food bank programs were available. I didn't use the EBT, but did partake in the ground beef and cheese offered, free of charge, for those of low income at the food bank. By lowering my standards for employment, I  found work.  In my mind, returning to work, as soon as possible, was paramount. However, I do NOT recommend that course of action. Accepting employment, which I was considerably over qualified and the drop in salary that accompanied the position, still haunts me. Instead of accolades for remaining self sufficient in a depressed economy, it was assumed that the step backward in my work history was indication of unsatisfactory performance or disciplinary action. I was able to address this if brought in for interview, but interviews were rare. (I hired a head hunter that explained this problem and I addressed it in the cover letter, but it was still seen, as a negative) Additionally, the fact I accepted significantly less compensation created difficulty negotiating salary: E.g, it was a policy at one company to never offer more than 25% over an applicant's last salary. Finally, social security bases monthly allowance on income achieved before retirement. Although, I have since remedied the issue, if you are nearing the age of social security, then unemployment and welfare, could be preferable to "underemployment"

In regards to EBT or food stamps, i say neither. i see the acceptance of government assistance, similar to returning to you parents house; live in Dad's house, follow Dad's rules. Assistance from the community, requires accepting and following community standards. I would provide those requiring assistance, healthy staples or healthy pre-made meals.Gathered from and supporting local farms and ranches, as much as, possible.  I do not share the recent trend of surrendering to the will of children and believe if healthy balanced meals are offered and refused,(in the majority of cases) then it is not child abuse or endangerment. Freely chosen malnutrition, by adults or children, would be allowed, until the possibility of irreparable harm; at which point mandatory intravenous feeding would be authorized. Other community standards required to receive assistance from the community-no smoking and this would encompass everything that is legal to smoke in your state. Parents, who repeatedly violate the rules of the community, therefore frequently ineligible for food assistance, will be subject to investigation and loss of child custody.

There is more, but that is enough to understand the theory. The more assistance needed from the community, the more individual freedom is superseded to the will of the community.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BrothersGarage said:

How many fuckin times do I have to ask for links? All you're saying is anecdotal shit. 

Fuckin ignoring everything I said when you quoted me and saying I didn't make a point. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14969459

Posting links from our media isn't making a point.

Edited by john510
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Posting links from our media isn't making a point.

Good thing most of my links aren't to our media but sources outside of the US.

1 hour ago, frankendat said:

The more assistance needed from the community, the more individual freedom is superseded to the will of the community.

By living in our society you already agree to most of these rules wither you choose to take advantage of them or not though. 

Edited by BrothersGarage
5 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Good thing most of my links aren't to our media but sources outside of the US.

By living in our society you already agree to most of these rules wither you choose to take advantage of them or not though. 

I am not certain, if you are a citizen of the United States, or the republic of California, or somewhere else, but applying the conditions outlined in my previous post, as requirements for receipt of government assistance, in the United States, has been met with resistance. My suggestions for accountability bring accusations that I am racist, fascist, and without  compassion.

• Like 2

I always thought hand out MREs for those that need food assistance. Good enough for our troops they will sustain you but motivate you to find a way for better tasting food. Or boxed staples, Why subsidize obesity and overwhelm Medicaid at the same time? I went a very long way on rice and beans when needed. Still make a large batch and freeze the leftovers in individual bags. Although life is comfortable now. Some things just stick with you.

Birth Control?

Condoms are cheap at the 7 -11.

if a woman say hell with it, that's the start of the bad decision process already

maybe he gets hit with child support ??? bad decision!!!!! Im broke bitch.  Fuck it balme trump and the white guys for doing this!!!!

what Elvis sang?? Little baby Born in the Ghetto

PS Trump got rid of the estate tax which helps family farms. That's another what exactly I like about Trump!!!!!!!!  Before that it was called stealing a Generational Familys wealth!

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
14 hours ago, john510 said:

You think El Cajon is bad, come to City Heights! EBT Abuse Capital of San Diego! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Glad to see he was quickly hired by another company.

9 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

That would carry Florida for sure. A Hispanic woman at that.

Im waiting for them to say Racist!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't want Amy Barrett at all. She is too connected to the old political class. Bush Era BS.

Lagoa all the way. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I always thought hand out MREs for those that need food assistance. Good enough for our troops they will sustain you but motivate you to find a way for better tasting food. Or boxed staples, Why subsidize obesity and overwhelm Medicaid at the same time? I went a very long way on rice and beans when needed. Still make a large batch and freeze the leftovers in individual bags. Although life is comfortable now. Some things just stick with you.

Holy Shit! After being laid off in early 2000's, I took day labor jobs to keep afloat, while looking for something more permanent. Idaho is not a union state and sometimes working through lunch was required. I started making chili, which was basically beans and rice, with meat, onions, corn,sometimes peppers. I would make four weeks worth at a time and freeze it. The meat was usually wild game deer/elk, years when the hunt was not successful, I would use meat from the discount isle. If I ate chili for breakfast, then working through lunch didn't cause me trouble.If I ate it for breakfast and lunch, then I could work sun up to sun down. I can't work like that anymore, but  my premade frozen chili for breakfast, is still a staple and has been breakfast, most days, for nearly twenty years.I use disposable tupperware instead of  bags, for freezing and don't dispose (use over and over). I completely understand, "things just stick with you" .

• Like 2