1 hour ago, frankendat said:

Word choice should be forefront in the mind of anyone taking responsibility for defending himself or his family. There was a incident where an armed homeowner confronted a robber on his property. The robber was carrying a hatchet. The robber threw the hatchet at the homeowner, the homeowner fired killing the robber. When the homeowner was asked how he knew that the robber was throwing the hatchet at him, rather than discarding it, the homeowner replied, "I heard it fly right by my head".

The homeowner was charged with manslaughter.

Once the robber released the hatchet and it passed by the homeowner, the standard for "self defense" (in fear for your life) could not be met. Improper word choice sent that homeowner to prison.

I'm curious why there is not more uproar for the 17 year old with the AR-15, charged with first degree murder. CNN headlines are now that the protesters chasing him and grabbing the rife were non-violent heroes attempting to disarm him. I suppose it shouldn't matter. I will never attend one of these events and certainly will not attend displaying an AR, but it is disconcerting the news is so blatantly slanted. What lies are told when there isn't video?

He brought a loaded firearm to a city he didn't live in, in a State he didn't live in, to defend property he didn't own.  Was he hired to do so?  I don't see any indication that that is the case.  He claimed to be there to render medical aid.  His medical training included being fired from a YMCA life guarding job, and dropping out of high school.  Bringing a gun to defend property in and of itself doesn't concern me.  I think that is fundamentally important to defend our right to do just that.  But when a 17yo who was rejected from the military at the recruitment office goes out to situation as he did.  And then fucks up as bad as he did.  He had no business there, and was there on his own accord, at his own risk.  He had zero training to handle the situation he was in.  He got scared and shot to kill.  He needs to be an example of what not to do, despite frustration with the situation.  Gun advocates such as myself should be especially pissed off because people like this are the reason so much legislation is getting pushed.  

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, tr8er said:

He had zero training to handle the situation he was in.  He got scared and shot to kill.

You had me up until this point. This is speculation.

How do you know he didn’t have training? How do you know he was scared? What’s the difference between scared and threatened?

a court will figure it out, but I’d bet he gets the charges for crossing state lines and possession of a weapon. The murder charges will be difficult to prove given it appears as if he’s being chased down with gunshots being fired on the first incident. second appears as if he’s being chased down by a guy with a handgun and beaten with a skateboard while on the ground.

Now was he scared or was his life threatened? No one on the internet can prove that. It’s going to be the job of a jury. 

big 2A implications in this case as well.. it’ll be interesting to see where it ends up.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I'm still waiting for the first Jewish person to be shot in the back by police. Or Chinese or aboriginal. 

they dont show those or when white people get shot either 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tr8er said:

He brought a loaded firearm to a city he didn't live in, in a State he didn't live in, to defend property he didn't own.

Good point and some version of that is likely what the prosecutors are using to claim intent, justifying the charge of murder 1. Like most of us, I only have what is shown in the posted video footage to form opinion. What I see is a boy running toward police for help, being chased by a group. For some reason, the group is unconcerned that the boy is carrying an AR-15 and members of the group knock him down, strike him, and attempt to grab his weapon. In this instance, I blame the media and parents who forgo corporeal punishment.Only fools that have never been spanked would keep pushing someone carrying a loaded weapon. I would give a child with an AR-15 a wide berth regardless of which side he supported.

1 hour ago, Draker said:

a court will figure it out, but I’d bet he gets the charges for crossing state lines and possession of a weapon

I think you're on the right path. While it is legal to cross state lines with firearms, it is illegal to cross state lines with illegal firearms. At 17, I do not believe he can legally transport or be in possession of a firearm without some kind of supervision.

But, if I was on the jury and watched the video footage, I would see a boy being attacked by a gang,an armed gang that was intent to do him harm. Was he a moron and somewhere he should not have been? Absolutely.  Does that mean he deserved to be attacked? Nope

Tired of watching the "rioting" on TV (called protests in the states) and wanted to do something about it. Pretty motivated too for crossing state lines. With a gun. Hell maybe he's a racist muthafucka and wanted an excuse to shoot some blacks under the guise of protecting someone else's property? Come on.... Who goes armed with no intention of using.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Tired of watching the "rioting" on TV (called protests in the states) and wanted to do something about it. Pretty motivated too for crossing state lines. With a gun. Hell maybe he's a racist muthafucka and wanted an excuse to shoot some blacks under the guise of protecting someone else's property? Come on.... Who goes armed with no intention of using.

Speculation then? 

the rest of this is borderline defamation.

Its being reported the gun was his friends, a Wisconsin resident. Never crossed state lines with it. Still doesn’t mean he should have been there.

We do not know his motivations. He stated in an interview earlier in the day he was there to protect local businesses.

• Like 1

That's pretty motivated to go to all the trouble of traveling 100 miles? into another state and borrow a rifle to protect local businesses of people that you don't know. It's beyond civic minded. In fact it's beyond belief. This guy is either a young idiot or he went looking for trouble.

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

That's pretty motivated to go to all the trouble of traveling 100 miles? into another state and borrow a rifle to protect local businesses of people that you don't know. It's beyond civic minded. In fact it's beyond belief. This guy is either a young idiot or he went looking for trouble.

20 miles. 

you’re right it is pretty motivated one way or another. He was also filmed earlier in the day scrubbing spray paint off of buildings.

Maybe it was black paint and he has a primal hate for blackness. Maybe he has a neurological  disorder. Maybe he had a love affair with those he targeted. 

All speculation and equally unhelpful. 

• Like 1

I wonder how many of them people in the Portland OR riots are from Portland, these are motivated criminals that use high powered lasers to terrorize people, they attack news camera men that are walking with them as they do not want to be identified, they are having to make laws to try and protect news people from police as they don't want to be videoed by them either, I can tell you right now that these Democrat politicians in OR are not going to do anything about it till they are told to by the Democrat politicians, that is the only way it is going to stop, it will not even stop after the election unless the democrats win big, I can guarantee it will stop then as they will not be putting up with it on their watch, they will send in the troops and stomp it out like Obama did in Ferguson, 321 members of the public were arrested.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

20 miles, didn't know.

Odd behavior.

also reported by his lawyers he was working as a lifeguard in Kenosha that day. After work was cleaning graffiti off a local school.

there is evidence of him cleaning, not sure on the lifeguard thing. Easy to prove though. not sure why they would lie if that wasn’t true.

• Like 2
On 8/27/2020 at 9:56 PM, tr8er said:

You guys are somehow insinuating that Protest does not include violence.  It absolutely does.  The term “Peaceful Protest” is evidence of such.  You would not need to say “Peaceful” if protesting was somehow always peaceful.  Rioting is not for a cause.  I’ve not seen a definition that includes a cause attached.  So a Riot, which is accurate as I stated previously, is only telling half of the story.  There is a better term.  And that term is protest.  They are absolutely protesting for a cause and leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.  

A protest does NOT absolutely include violence.There have been thousands of protests throughout the years with no violence.Unless of course you consider somebody talking through a bullhorn "violent".

• Like 1

I think a protest without violence carries more weight than a riot which is mostly mindless violence. Gandhi comes to mind. 

7 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

More information is good.   "I wish he had just stayed home, hell I wish they had all stayed home."

• Like 3
9 hours ago, wayno said:

That doesn't even sound like the same person that was described in an earlier post made by someone else.

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

...so young idiot then. Deliberately placed himself in harm's way and maybe with good intentions, but armed, turns out to be a bad move. Being armed brought down aggression on himself. Hey I would have started shooting too in his position, but then I wouldn't have gone near there in the first place and wouldn't be armed with anything more than a 2x4 with a nail in it. What was he thinking? that a gun would never be used? or it might come in handy at a riot? fucking guns. 

• Like 1

Five to one, baby
One in five
No one here gets out alive, now
You get yours, baby
I'll get mine
Gonna make it, baby
If we try

The old get old
And the young get stronger
May take a week
And it may take longer
They got the guns
But we got the numbers
Gonna win, yeah
We're takin' over
Come on

The fucktards keep taking to the streets burning, looting, threatening death to everyday people. They have guns, they have bricks, whatever.....a time is going to come where people better, by God, have their guns and show up to defend their cities and homes. 

What difference is there between a gun, a board with a nail in it, or a baton Mike, they are all used for compliance, police use them to convince people to do something they want them to do, people use them to make a statement, threaten/touch me at your own risk, all can cause bodily damage or death, what would you say if a judge asked you what you were going to do with that 2X4 with a nail in it?

More than likely you would have the same answer as someone with a gun, both objects say one of two things, I am going to protect myself, or I am going to fuck someone up, they are absolutely the same thing when it comes to that situation, there is one big difference, with a gun someone can hide and fuck someone up from a distance, and one/people/politicians can hide behind things/ideas also and screw millions of people and not be using a gun, it is happening in this country right now.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 3

with a 2x4 with nails in it chances are you would be dead 

the kid seems very level headed in the views before the chaos 

went with good intentions but also with the means to protect himself SMART KID other then the fact going there to begin with 

• Like 4

The difference is It would not have killed two and seriously injured another as easily and quickly. They are certainly NOT the same thing. Totally a matter of degree. I would tell the judge it was a visual warning just like a home alarm sticker on my window.

image.png