The guy was a total idiot to ignore the police and go to his car and reach inside. Plenty of blame to go round... the cops badly handled it also. Very trigger happy and fuck that imminent danger bullshit. That's your fucking job to go into 'imminent danger'. If he turns around with a weapon  blaze away.

• Like 4
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The guy was a total idiot to ignore the police and go to his car and reach inside. Plenty of blame to go round... the cops badly handled it also. Very trigger happy and fuck that imminent danger bullshit. That's your fucking job to go into 'imminent danger'. If he turns around with a weapon  blaze away.

Correct Mike.  In situations like this one we were trained to "crash tackle" the subject before they could reach any potential threat enabler i.e. firearm inside vehicle.  Im the first to admit its easy for me to sit back and deconstruct the shit out of this scenario, bottom line is the cops did a chickenshit act shooting the guy in the back 7 times. Indicative of the cultural issue with some law enforcement/use of force in the USA.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ratwagon1600 said:

Correct Mike.  In situations like this one we were trained to "crash tackle" the subject before they could reach any potential threat enabler i.e. firearm inside vehicle.  Im the first to admit its easy for me to sit back and deconstruct the shit out of this scenario, bottom line is the cops did a chickenshit act shooting the guy in the back 7 times. Indicative of the cultural issue with some law enforcement/use of force in the USA.

I'm thinking you don't know the whole story.It'll most likely end up like the George Floyd thing where months later we saw the whole video that clearly showed what a pain in the ass Floyd was becoming.Tell us Mr. Police officer,is your life more important to you than some dangerous thug ? These so called victims bring all of this upon themselves.If you were a cop you should know how easy it is for a suspect/criminal,whatever you want to call them to NOT get shot or beat up.This guy had a criminal record and they knew it before trying to arrest him.

• Like 3

No one deserves to die. It was handled very wrong. 

Floyd was a bit of an asshole, actually a drugged up total asshole, but if handled professionally he'd be in jail right now and a lot of grief and property damage avoided. The unprofessional cops need to be weeded out and sent to mall cop school to be retrained. 

And that just comes out of your pocket! I am sure you had much better plans for that money. As of last week I paid nearly 50 cents a round for 380 ammo. Seems a much cheaper solution for everyone involved. In reality I spend time in houston occasionally and everyone is armed. Nightly news has stories everyday of homeowners shooting home invaders. Let me repeat, nightly news has stories of homeowners shooting home invaders. Doesn't slow them down!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

The damage...

New cat + new O2 sensor & bung. Good times

IMG_20200825_162132434~2_copy_1024x1116.jpg

Dude the markups on that look ridiculous. 

Cat Converter 445-1300 : $132.00

Den 234-4076: $35.00

Labor $125.00 Pr Hr: $250.00 minimum

Tax %13.0: $54.21

Total: $471.21

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

Dude the markups on that look ridiculous. 

Cat Converter 445-1300 : $132.00

Den 234-4076: $35.00

Labor $125.00 Pr Hr: $250.00 minimum

Tax %13.0: $54.21

Total: $471.21

No disagreeing, but where'd you get the price on the cat? It's not unusual for shops to have 100% markup on parts. Plus, it was probably still cheaper for my boss than to have me do it. Yeah, company vehicle so at least I don't have to pay for it. Still was a big hassle and I did lose money in lost work time getting it sorted.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

No disagreeing, but where'd you get the price on the cat? It's not unusual for shops to have 100% markup on parts. Plus, it was probably still cheaper for my boss than to have me do it. Yeah, company vehicle so at least I don't have to pay for it. Still was a big hassle and I did lose money in lost work time getting it sorted.

Rockauto

Its the one with flanges too.

here is a 445 1300 Cat from Magnaflow not on Rockauto.

https://www.apollo-optics.com/products/magnaflow-exhaust-products-23229-direct-fit-catalytic-converter?variant=29851411447911&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, wayno said:

I would agree with this guy, it is never going to end.

The west has been living in a bubble and this will change, has changed, and likely will not go back.  Too much tin foil hat mixed in there Tucker.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mattndew76 said:

I don't think it's the correct one. Mine is the 7.5L 3" inlet/outlet and rockauto doesn't even have any stock on the California/CARB legal ones. 

Edited by thisismatt
54 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I don't think it's the correct one. Mine is the 7.5L 3" inlet/outlet and rockauto doesn't even have any stock on the California/CARB legal ones. 

I keep finding 3" ID inlet with flange CARB certified from $90-$600 all over the interweb. 

Did he order from a factory parts desk?

Rock Auto. $219 - $300 or even less with a discount code.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1997,f-250,7.5l+v8,1125166,exhaust+&+emission,catalytic+converter,5808

Edited by Mattndew76
48 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

I keep finding 3" ID inlet with flange CARB certified from $90-$600 all over the interweb. 

Did he order from a factory parts desk?

Rock Auto. $219 - $300 or even less with a discount code.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1997,f-250,7.5l+v8,1125166,exhaust+&+emission,catalytic+converter,5808

Dunno. All those on RA are federal compliant, which is not CA compliant. It's aftermarket, that's about all I know. I think it's due for smog in October so I guess we'll see if it passes 😛 This guy is a one man operation...been around a while, good reviews, and I've had work done there before and found it reasonable. His welds are pretty good at least

• Like 3
Just now, thisismatt said:

Dunno. All those on RA are federal compliant, which is not CA compliant. It's aftermarket, that's about all I know. I think it's due for smog in October so I guess we'll see if it passes 😛 This guy is a one man operation...been around a while, good reviews, and I've had work done there before and found it reasonable. His welds are pretty good at least

Well anything to keep a good guy afloat, and get you back in business.

• Like 2

Can’t ever trust Wiki to give an unbiased entry.

In the History section at the bottom, for Kenosha there is an entry for Aug 23rd 2020 for a one sided view of what happened in Kenosha Wisconsin. 

doesn’t even mention that Blake was armed with a knife or that he was involved in a domestic dispute. 

just paints a picture of Cops shot him in the back.The version they had up 18 hours ago also said that “protests” broke out. Even though it was riots. 

fucking gas light history!

Fuck Wikipedia. Just another propaganda BS slanted data sight spreading false or incomplete information.

search Kenosha Riot Wiki

At the top of that entry the title is in dispute currently to be changed to ‘Kenosha Protest’

media is trying to normalize Looting, Arson, attempted murder, and Battery as peaceful protesting. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha,_Wisconsin

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

To me the worst thing about these incidents is the way people react before even knowing the whole story.The media cuts out the important parts.And all for what ? More violence,burning,destroying and irrational behavior that just breeds more of the same.They should be held accountable some how just like the police are when they screw up.The damage done to those cities involved far outweighs the loss of a criminal that made another bad decision and got shot.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, john510 said:

To me the worst thing about these incidents is the way people react before even knowing the whole story.The media cuts out the important parts.And all for what ? More violence,burning,destroying and irrational behavior that just breeds more of the same.They should be held accountable some how just like the police are when they screw up.The damage done to those cities involved far outweighs the loss of a criminal that made another bad decision and got shot.

There has been a shift... As leftist violence increases, biden polling worse. Even CNN is calling it out now. Too little too late.

• Like 4

No one needs, let alone deserves, to be shot or killed just because they were in a domestic dispute, may have been armed and were idiots. Cops should have restrained him and searched him but they fucked up and then made it worse.  

30 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

No one needs, let alone deserves, to be shot or killed just because they were in a domestic dispute, may have been armed and were idiots. Cops should have restrained him and searched him but they fucked up and then made it worse.  

I dont know how the cops could have not stuffed this, every call to them that involves a dickbag like this is going to end in a lose-lose situation now. Restrain him early, they're racist, profiling a poor innocent black man, try and play it nice and then it escalates out of control. Every cop must be on edge, you got thousands of zombies in a city an hour down the road destroying the place, media stirring up everyone against you and then you get called to a domestic violence incedent, where it appears the so called victim turns on you immediately and the perp has a debilitating case of stupid, all these wankers around filming your every move so they can put it on their twitter feed and be famous, how the fuck cant it go wrong? 

I am of the opinion that the police really should just pull up, ask if they want help. When they get told "fuck you pig" say "thanks" have nice day and drive away, let them delete themselves from the system. No-one seems to concerned about that sort of thing, actually no-one seems to ask why the cops were in these situations in the first place. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's where you need professionals not some trigger happy cowboy. You got to ask... what the fuck does their Sargent say to them back at the station house at the beginning of shift????? "Be sure to take extra clips"???

You can't pull up ask if they want help and leave. You're there to protect someone, including the kids, in a domestic dispute and separate them, figure out wtf and go from there..