• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/27/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jesse C. said:

California gas car ban will apply to Virginia, too, due to 2021 law

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/california-gas-car-ban-will-apply-to-virginia-too-due-to-2021-law

I really hope the politics in this state change direction before i decide to just leave.I'm thinking the only way to eliminate gas cars in this state would be to ban gasoline altogether or just tax it so much nobody can buy it.With the assholes we have running this state now both are very possible.I'm just curious how anything would get delivered here ? 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, john510 said:

I really hope the politics in this state change direction before i decide to just leave.I'm thinking the only way to eliminate gas cars in this state would be to ban gasoline altogether or just tax it so much nobody can buy it.With the assholes we have running this state now both are very possible.I'm just curious how anything would get delivered here ? 

Don't bother with Colorado, as long as POS Polis libtard is governor.  He is slowly chipping away in the same direction as CA etc.  On January 1st of this year, he implemented CA's CARB emission program, which simply sucks for those that have "newer" classic cars from 1977 on.  We built a really nice 1977 280Z for the boss & we had to install a caty converter.  The FI system is stock, with a rebuilt MAF, an open element air filter, headers & a mild exhaust system.  We have not attempted to get it thru the emission sniff test, but we are not looking forward to it.  If he is not voted out OR another libtard gets voted in, I will likely skeedaddle out of here in the next few years.  I spent 22 years in SW Michigan before CO & I am hearing/reading that the libtard gov'n there are also screwing things up, stirring the pot............😑

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Natural gas is also being outlawed in California, more than 50 cities and counties have outlawed the use of natural gas in new construction, remodels may also be covered depending on the area.

Ain't we smart

Yeah that's one of those ideas where you just say WTF ? Natural gas ? Our trash trucks and public transportation busses down here all say "this truck/bus runs on clean burning natural gas" 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Gas powered lawn mowers and portable generators are also included in the California ban.  I don't know how gardeners are going to take care of landscaping unless they carry butt loads of batteries.  Of course, no mention how California's aging, inadequate power grid can't even keep up with demand today, let alone ten years from now...

• Like 4
17 hours ago, thisismatt said:

fffffffffffffffff.  Anybody got any nice work from home jobs available?  I'm looking 😅

I don't know what you did for a living before but if its anything hands on I've never seen a time that's been better to be out on your own starting a business with nothing but a box of tools.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ooph! said:

I don't know what you did for a living before but if its anything hands on I've never seen a time that's been better to be out on your own starting a business with nothing but a box of tools.

Catch 22.  Finish carpentry is what I've done for the last 13 years, but a year ago we moved out of CA, where I was doing high end work, because we didn't get into a house soon enough and things went through the roof with covid.  Even though I was making decent money, it wasn't enough to afford to stay with my wife homeschooling & working part time, which is something we decided we were going to do.  Soooo, we moved to the midwest where my inlaws are as a sort of compromise.  Things are more affordable (we bought a house), but there isn't the kind of work I liked doing.  Yes, there is work, but it's kind of a 💩 show and I can't believe the stuff I see coming from a place with...you know...codes and minimum/industry/acceptable standards.

16 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Catch 22.  Finish carpentry is what I've done for the last 13 years, but a year ago we moved out of CA, where I was doing high end work, because we didn't get into a house soon enough and things went through the roof with covid.  Even though I was making decent money, it wasn't enough to afford to stay with my wife homeschooling & working part time, which is something we decided we were going to do.  Soooo, we moved to the midwest where my inlaws are as a sort of compromise.  Things are more affordable (we bought a house), but there isn't the kind of work I liked doing.  Yes, there is work, but it's kind of a 💩 show and I can't believe the stuff I see coming from a place with...you know...codes and minimum/industry/acceptable standards.

I love places with no land use restrictions. Build it and then go tell the county or city whatcha built..

If you have the tools you can start your own moonlight business too. 

Edited by Mattndew76
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Gas powered lawn mowers and portable generators are also included in the California ban.  I don't know how gardeners are going to take care of landscaping unless they carry butt loads of batteries.  Of course, no mention how California's aging, inadequate power grid can't even keep up with demand today, let alone ten years from now...

The landscapers aren't as dumb as our leaders think they are.They're going to keep using gas powered mowers.Arizona's only a couple hours away and you'll be able to buy them there.I just bought myself a nice Honda mower because of what's coming.I'm looking to get a riding mower now for the back yard so i can run it like a small tractor.I can't afford to water out back anymore (i can but won't) so now i need to keep that dirt and rock cleaned up because of weeds.And just to be as non compliant as possible i use 106 octane leaded fuels in all my lawn care stuff.Mower,weedeater,chainsaw etc. You can actually leave the gas in tank and it won't damage anything.Fuck Gavin Newsom !

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mattndew76 said:

I love places with no land use restrictions. Build it and then go tell the county or city whatcha built..

If you have the tools you can start your own moonlight business too. 

I think people should be able to build what they want for the most part, but I also believe in standards & accountability, especially when the work is contracted.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, john510 said:

The landscapers aren't as dumb as our leaders think they are.They're going to keep using gas powered mowers.Arizona's only a couple hours away and you'll be able to buy them there.I just bought myself a nice Honda mower because of what's coming.I'm looking to get a riding mower now for the back yard so i can run it like a small tractor.I can't afford to water out back anymore (i can but won't) so now i need to keep that dirt and rock cleaned up because of weeds.And just to be as non compliant as possible i use 106 octane leaded fuels in all my lawn care stuff.Mower,weedeater,chainsaw etc. You can actually leave the gas in tank and it won't damage anything.Fuck Gavin Newsom !

Their gas and weed whackers won't be illegal, they'll just be...undocumented.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I think people should be able to build what they want for the most part, but I also believe in standards & accountability, especially when the work is contracted.

There is still court for accountability, but I think your quality is fruit left on the vine if you don't sell it as intended. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, thisismatt said:

2 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

There is still court for accountability, but I think your quality is fruit left on the vine if you don't sell it as intended. 

Find your niche there are people looking for you

4 hours ago, john510 said:

The landscapers aren't as dumb as our leaders think they are.They're going to keep using gas powered mowers.

I was under the impression that these were on the banned list.  (I know I've been wrong before.) The City I worked for was considering banning all gas powered lawn equipment at one time, and they even considered banning people from buying permanent markers because of graffiti.  Fortunately, that discussion was stopped as quickly as it started... I suspect someone mentioned they would get creamed in a lawsuit that would surely follow if they passed a law like this...

• Like 2