More of a kicking the can down the road than wringing of hands. It will be interesting to watch what happens inland with the water shortage. Now for the cities on the coast will eventually have to go to desalination. The Arabs have built cities with zero natural resources nearby. Amazing what you can do with unlimited oil money coming in. I am not a city guy but would sure love the chance to swim in this pool.

• Like 1
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, john510 said:

I guess the drought is one thing we can't blame Biden for.The drought is Trump's fault.LOL. Seriously though,is there really a drought or just too many people now using up all the water ? 

There seems to be evidence developing that this is a man made disaster combined with a little mother nature for the purpose of stealing water rights.

"Newsom announced a $1.5 billion proposal to use taxpayer money to buy out farmers’ senior water rights to benefit fish. Water rights are property rights, but their holders do not own the water itself. They possess the right to use it.
However, one cannot sell water rights without selling the land attached to it, therefore, selling the water right to the state means selling the land to the state too."

Edited by Ooph!

I'm one of those that has (had) a big beautiful back yard with a lawn,nice big shade tree,fruit trees and garden.Now it's a barren wasteland of dirt and weeds.Threats of fines or extra charges for too much water consumption forced me to let it go to shit.They still pressure me to get rid of my front lawn and replace it with the fake grass.No way i'm doing it.All of this so somebody else can build and take water while i give it up.Bullshit.Stop developing and i'll consider more effort to reduce water use.My front lawn looks great and will stay that way.

2 hours ago, john510 said:

I'm one of those that has (had) a big beautiful back yard with a lawn,nice big shade tree,fruit trees and garden.Now it's a barren wasteland of dirt and weeds.Threats of fines or extra charges for too much water consumption forced me to let it go to shit.They still pressure me to get rid of my front lawn and replace it with the fake grass.No way i'm doing it.All of this so somebody else can build and take water while i give it up.Bullshit.Stop developing and i'll consider more effort to reduce water use.My front lawn looks great and will stay that way.

we, as users are almost inconsequential in the amounts that are used but the powers that be like to let us feel we are responsible and continually demand that " we " cut back our usage.

In that video she explained where the majority of our water is going, it's being flushed down the toilet! Straight out to sea.

Edited by Ooph!
3 hours ago, john510 said:

I haven't watered my lawn since 1999. Pissed at all the rain this year, most years I only mow it once a month, last month few months it had to be mowed twice. Of course, this was a non issue until the injection of richies in the neighborhood. A while back some of the newer nightly dog power walking groups mentioned my lawn. It brought me much joy to hang my head and lament the shame my lawn brings, but I continue to endure it, knowing my lawn sacrifice, could provide life saving water for another. Sadly, I don't spend much time, outside in the heat and it has been a long time since I used my little speech.

• Haha 1
On 7/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ooph! said:

There seems to be evidence developing that this is a man made disaster combined with a little mother nature for the purpose of stealing water rights.

"Newsom announced a $1.5 billion proposal to use taxpayer money to buy out farmers’ senior water rights to benefit fish. Water rights are property rights, but their holders do not own the water itself. They possess the right to use it.
However, one cannot sell water rights without selling the land attached to it, therefore, selling the water right to the state means selling the land to the state too."

It's a bit narrow and hyperbolic to say hippies and fish are taking 40% of our water supply. It's true this is a for profit water crisis on a massive scale, but all is not as it seems in this Puppet Show vid.

Love it or hate it, California has the largest economy, the most productive agriculture industry, and is the most populated state in the US. There's a reason corporations have been quietly buying up permits, licenses, and registrations for individual water use, aka "water rights". BTW this legal term has NOTHING to do with land ownership. With greater demand and less to go around, water is becoming an increasingly valuable commodity. Obviously Gaven and Darcy are on opposite sides of the playing field, but both are playing the fish thing like a pawn in this high stakes legal chess game. The fight is wether water rights should be used "for a beneficial purpose" (as defined by the California Water Board) or controlled by a 3rd party multinational corporations for profit on the open market.

Although we are pressured to conserve in dry years, the price per gallon remains constant. This is not the case in areas whose municipality get's water from a for profit supplier. Like the (45 miles from) coastal city of Riverside who gets worked by their vender, Darcy Burke President and CEO of Watermark Associates business consulting. Her campaign was financed by this company and she was elected president of Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District. She gets her water at a fixed rate from the Colorado River and sells it to Riverside at a variable rate.

In Cali, water rights are fulfilled by the Central Valley Project, the State Water Project, the Colorado River system, LA Aqueduct, Hetch Hetchy Aqueduct (central Bay Area), and the North Bay Aqueduct (Napa Sonoma). All of this public works infrastructure was paid for with state and federal tax $s, and built for beneficial purposes. It's corporations that are trying to steel it from us. After ENRON and their rolling blackouts, I say GO FUCK YOURSELF to any corporate entity that wants to get its greasy hands on California's water. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah, saw that. When there is no historical accountability there is continued no accountability.

What's worse electing this corpse? or failing to correct this mistake??

It always cracks me up when they give him credit for decisions,etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How much longer can Jill suffer Hunter to live?  On top of her latest casual racism with the taco comments, Hunter's hacked account has her referring to her as an entitled cunt (which some twitter wit corrected to "That's Doctor entitled cunt to you" in a reply) as well as all of the hookers and crack smoking and loli vids, everyone is making hay on the latest chapter of #bidengarbagefamily.

Since she has no problem keeping her coffin-dodging spouse ambulatory enough to keep her first lady charade going, it's only a matter of time until she taps Hilary for a solution here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Seriously, sense when has any military action not included a war of propaganda? My distrust and criticism of US news media is well documented, and I respect John Pilger as an investigative journalist, but him saying "I've never seen coverage so utterly consumed by jingoism" (overtly patriotic rhetoric), I'm thinking OK W really TF! Did this guy just forget his own lambast of Bush and Blair's epic jingoism propaganda salvo leading up to the War in Iraq, or is this bovine hyperbole mean he's become an active participant in this propaganda war?

At this point I'm thinking if Yonden Lhatoo is the Chief Editor of the South CHINA Morning Posts, is it reasonable to assume he has some skin in this propaganda war? Well, his newspaper is owned by Alibaba Group, China's version of Amazon, but 3X larger, it's based in Hong Kong and has always been openly critical of the Chinese government. I looked into it and in 2020 China started putting the screws to Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba, he was erroneously fined $2.7B and has been in hiding since Jan 2022. Leading up to the war in Ukraine the Chinese government cracked down hard on the publicly owned company's media holdings but they're fighting against the Government's new mission for them to promote China's "soft power" abroad. Then it dawned on me when they awkwardly jumped to Julian Assange, they're making a parallel reference to Jack Ma.