5 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Why is it that I need to do the reading? I'm upholding my ideals. I can't be blamed for wanting the perfect world. I'd even settle for good.

history has its hands on the present and with the guidance of history and its complexity you can plan for a better future. Blind optimism is a fools plan.

I don't fault your want. I want good things too.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a very good friend who happens to be Mormon.  He's been divorced three times and is a recovering alcoholic and because I don't go to church on Sundays and pray to God, im the one who needs to be saved. Never-mind that I've got a happy family and am a good person,  he gets into heaven but I need to do more to be his equal. 

If one can't believe in their ideals, then what the hell is left?

People should always reach for the unattainable and go against the tide, if that's what's necessary. 

And don't patronize me. You're no better than I just because you have clarity. Just as I am no better than you.  At least I'm not suggesting you need to read up.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 1

Continually reading and suggestion to do so isnt an insult.

But I have no control over what you're feeling patronized over.

Just to clarify: I have no disdain for you or your opinion. I don't dislike your desire for a better world. 

I just don't agree with everything you say. As you do not agree with me.

Double post edit: I am also not on here to shut you down. Preach on. I love peoples alternative view as long as it doesn't involve violence.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 3

Thank you. This is how a divided country begins to heal itself. Concessions? No, not really,  but a mutual respect, if not understanding of others beliefs.

Your suggestion that I needed to do some reading was a suggestion that I am not equally as informed, and therefore inferior. 

Can we at least agree that this America is not perfect and that it could be better? 

• Like 5

People like Trump because he's not constantly trying to tell people what to think/believe/do like the constant barrage of patronizing, condescending, woke-ist asslickers best known as liberal & progressive politicians. He speaks his piece, with decorum or none, and that's that. 

Saying he's not in it for the money is iffy at best. We all know politicians aren't getting rich off the salary anyways. While I wish his motivation was entirely for the benefit of the nation, I'm sure he, like all the others, see material benefits from pushing particular policy.

I disagree that *Trump* is the lead cause of division. To me it looks like we have people hell bent on hating him no matter what, even when he has a live & let live approach, *causing* unnecessary division, just because he's not kowtowing to the progressive agenda.  Democrats will kiss anyone's ass, and give anything they can, if they think it will get them more votes, so they sell themselves to the social devil. Meanwhile Trump dgaf, therefore he has to go anyld anyone who disagrees has to be cancelled.

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Thank you. This is how a divided country begins to heal itself. Concessions? No, not really,  but a mutual respect, if not understanding of others beliefs.

Your suggestion that I needed to do some reading was a suggestion that I am not equally as informed, and therefore inferior. 

Can we at least agree that this America is not perfect and that it could be better? 

Totally agreeable that America is not perfect and should be expected to do better.

a suggestion of expanded knowledge is NEVER an implication of inferiority. Its a suggestion that we have more to learn on things we don't know enough about.  

Perception of how that suggestion is received belongs to you and you only, and presuming you "know" what I mean without asking is just assuming.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2

Wow, three Matts arguing different sides. Where did you go wrong, oh brothers...?

I agree that the democrats of the recent past have been soft. They do, in fact, kiss way too much ass to get elected and once there, if at all, they backslide like Tony Hawk.

Wasn't always this way. Old democrats were tough. Think JFK and FDR. Ironically,  I feel this new democrat is a victim of the very diplomacy that I preach so much about.  Too many concessions  given, giving up their ideals in the process. 

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Name something bipartisan he has done to unite the US people. Name one thing he has done to show leadership for all to see and get behind. I'll settle for one tweet where he demonstrated bipartisanship or leadership for everyone rather than either running someone down for something or meddling. 

I have never seen your country so divided. It's one or the other. Look no farther than the title of this post.

I had this big ol post but there are 30 responses since my last so I'll just go with this.

Leadership

UAE and Israel Peace

https://ge.usembassy.gov/trump-brokers-historic-israel-uae-deal-for-peace-and-prosperity/

the First Step Act 2018

reform the criminal justice system.

The bill passed with overwhelming bipartisan support in Congress.

Divided country, I have news for you it is always divided except in rare but traumatic episodes of unity.

I see the left / media going so far left there doesn't seem to be any commonality between us, the right has also moved left just not as far.

What does the left want that the right wants? anything?

I agree he could tell the people in better ways what the plan is but the media won't allow it all you have to do is search media coverage to see the constant barrage of negativity.

"From June 1 through July 31, the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts focused 512 minutes of airtime on the President, or nine times more than the 58 minutes allotted to Biden,” it continued.

The extra airtime devoted to Trump consisted almost entirely of anchors and reporters criticizing the President. During these two months, our analysts documented 668 evaluative statements about the President, 95% of which (634) were negative, vs. a mere 5% (34) that were positive.”

In contrast, 67% of the evaluative statements about Mr. Biden are positive."

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Why is it that I need to do the reading? I'm upholding my ideals. I can't be blamed for wanting the perfect world. I'd even settle for good.

Fuck perfect, i want fair. I want to be able to work my arse off for myself and family, friend's if i feel so inclined.  Pay my bit and be left alone. This does not seem to be the democrat, left, greens(Aust), labour gov (Aust), etc ideal. They want to take everything from people who do shit and give it to lazy incompetent human debris.  

Name the bi-partisan things the left has done when dealing with Trump. 

• Like 5

Sure, I believe America could be better, but the question begs another…” Better for who? From earlier postings on this thread, I learned that many of us are close in age. And from what I gather, from the news, both local and national, as a whole, we are the last generation who understands the fragility of freedom.

Trump is ass, but as I have said before, I look forward to voting for him come November. The Constitution is strong, but old and without diligent protection, it will fall. I believe the Bill of Rights was written in order of importance.  The first and second amendments being most critical for a free society.

I take steps to avoid confrontation with BLM,  Antifa, the Aryan nation and most democrats, because people up in my face, blocking my way, try to take what I have, or calling me a racist, homophobe, trans  hater, alt right etc. etc. etc. would cause me a problem and I have enough problems.  I consider the aforementioned groups the same.

Side note: the irony of mask wearing BLM protesters  with “defund the police” signs, who but for the line of uniformed police, standing between  them and their opponents, would have been harmed, was lost in local media coverage of the event.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

For all who may have missed it, let me clear up one huge point - I never said nor am I saying that democrats are good politicians.  I also never said that Republicans are anything but reasonable. So I am not going to disagree with you when you bash a Democrat. They're all slimy.

Diplomacy is NOT set aside for anyone. Everyone that holds public office should have diplomacy skills. Especially the leader of our fucking country.

Another home run.

7 hours ago, thisismatt said:

People like Trump because he's not constantly trying to tell people what to think/believe/do like the constant barrage of patronizing, condescending, woke-ist asslickers best known as liberal & progressive politicians. 

Except that all his tweets are exactly that and meddlesome. 

6 hours ago, Ooph! said:

I had this big ol post but there are 30 responses since my last so I'll just go with this.

Leadership

UAE and Israel Peace

https://ge.usembassy.gov/trump-brokers-historic-israel-uae-deal-for-peace-and-prosperity/

the First Step Act 2018

reform the criminal justice system.

The bill passed with overwhelming bipartisan support in Congress.

Divided country, I have news for you it is always divided except in rare but traumatic episodes of unity.

I see the left / media going so far left there doesn't seem to be any commonality between us, the right has also moved left just not as far.

What does the left want that the right wants? anything?

I agree he could tell the people in better ways what the plan is but the media won't allow it all you have to do is search media coverage to see the constant barrage of negativity.

"From June 1 through July 31, the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts focused 512 minutes of airtime on the President, or nine times more than the 58 minutes allotted to Biden,” it continued.

The extra airtime devoted to Trump consisted almost entirely of anchors and reporters criticizing the President. During these two months, our analysts documented 668 evaluative statements about the President, 95% of which (634) were negative, vs. a mere 5% (34) that were positive.”

In contrast, 67% of the evaluative statements about Mr. Biden are positive."

I don't think anyone gives a flying fuck about the mid east. But I'll reserve judgment for now and see if this changes anything for the better and is not just meddling. Same with the criminal justice reform. Does any of this make the country or those in it any better off? or bring them together?

A leader doesn't need to be told he's on the right path... that's assumed, but mistakes are made and need to be put forth. There is greater danger in lavishing praise on them for what they are supposed to be doing anyway. Everyone is shaking hands and back slapping and no one sees the drop off in the road ahead.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I don't care if he's doing it on purpose or if democrats are doing it too. He is dividing us. 

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

The day he was elected the impeachment crap started,the negativity started from the left.It was a full on attack from day one by ALL Democrats.No cooperation at all,nothing nice to say.The Democrats thought at that point their job was to ruin what the people wanted and got in a fair election.Don't blame all that on Trump because he's not a pushover career politician.He could give a speech asking for unity and the left would tell him to get fucked like they always do.How about Pelosi tearing up a SOTU speech ? That was a great way to unite us huh ? Of all the people in politics we have one that will say the violent protesting/looting/destruction has to stop,Trump.The other side encourages it.

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, john510 said:

The day he was elected the impeachment crap started,the negativity started from the left.It was a full on attack from day one by ALL Democrats.No cooperation at all,nothing nice to say.The Democrats thought at that point their job was to ruin what the people wanted and got in a fair election.Don't blame all that on Trump because he's not a pushover career politician.He could give a speech asking for unity and the left would tell him to get fucked like they always do.How about Pelosi tearing up a SOTU speech ? That was a great way to unite us huh ? Of all the people in politics we have one that will say the violent protesting/looting/destruction has to stop,Trump.The other side encourages it.

tenor (5).gif

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, john510 said:

• Haha 1

I can't get excited about the next election. We only have a couple of steaming piles to choose from. One is a raging lunatic and the other is obviously suffering age related cognitive issues and those don't improve with time. We need more choices but the one area the Dems and Reps are solidly united is to make sure that doesn't happen. I haven't owned a television in 17 years but if I do find myself watching one somewhere I get the feeling the News seems to thrive on stirring anger emotions. Well back to my little bubble in the Maine woods. Carry on.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, frankendat said:

Sure, I believe America could be better, but the question begs another…” Better for who? From earlier postings on this thread, I learned that many of us are close in age. And from what I gather, from the news, both local and national, as a whole, we are the last generation who understands the fragility of freedom.

Trump is ass, but as I have said before, I look forward to voting for him come November. The Constitution is strong, but old and without diligent protection, it will fall. I believe the Bill of Rights was written in order of importance.  The first and second amendments being most critical for a free society.

I take steps to avoid confrontation with BLM,  Antifa, the Aryan nation and most democrats, because people up in my face, blocking my way, try to take what I have, or calling me a racist, homophobe, trans  hater, alt right etc. etc. etc. would cause me a problem and I have enough problems.  I consider the aforementioned groups the same.

Side note: the irony of mask wearing BLM protesters  with “defund the police” signs, who but for the line of uniformed police, standing between  them and their opponents, would have been harmed, was lost in local media coverage of the event.

Interesting aside.  Look at the original list of Bill of Rights amendments submitted for ratification to the states.  The original first amendment forbade elected representatives from raising their own salaries during their term of office.  Maybe we should keep voting on this not yet expired amendment ?

• Like 3
17 hours ago, tr8er said:

As was said above, Redcaps done this to Republicans, as well as the tea party era.  Democrats are a huge group with many leanings.   Narrow thinking that is pushed hard by conservative headlines.   That said, this is a terrible time do defend Democrats...  everyone being hardheaded, selfish, narrow minded politicians.  

I love it how you always find a spin to blame MAGA LOL hahahahaha hilarious, just own up to the fact that the liberals have made their bed, sleep tight 🙂

• Like 2

I'm 63 and this shit is just unbelievable. My wife & i were talking about the schools not teaching history anymore. One of my young neighbor kids proved that to me about the Vietnam War, MLK,JFK,RFK, Nixon,Watergate. That was when I changed the subject to cars, trucks & motorcycles. It's a shame.

Chopper Jim

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
18 minutes ago, Chopper Jim said:

I'm 63 and this shit is just unbelievable. My wife & i were talking about the schools not teaching history anymore. One of my young neighbor kids proved that to me about the Vietnam War, MLK,JFK,RFK, Nixon,Watergate. That was when I changed the subject to cars, trucks & motorcycles. It's a shame.

Chopper Jim

History is "offensive" to leftists, aka hate speech...

• Like 3
4 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

I love it how you always find a spin to blame MAGA LOL hahahahaha hilarious, just own up to the fact that the liberals have made their bed, sleep tight 🙂

I know many lifelong Republicans.  None of which are redcaps.  They share a similar sentiment about what has become the face of the republican party not representing the parties ideals.  Trump is cleaving the party, which is why I was comparing his followers to the Democrats that you use to define the party.  They both suffer from division.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I can't get excited about the next election. We only have a couple of steaming piles to choose from. One is a raging lunatic and the other is obviously suffering age related cognitive issues and those don't improve with time. We need more choices but the one area the Dems and Reps are solidly united is to make sure that doesn't happen. I haven't owned a television in 17 years but if I do find myself watching one somewhere I get the feeling the News seems to thrive on stirring anger emotions. Well back to my little bubble in the Maine woods. Carry on.

Please try to get excited for this election if you value your rights. There are legitimate threats to our rights in the balance. I focus on the second amendment, because that is a battle I have fought many times and I understand the nuances of bullshit laws designed to disarm citizens. This is not hyperbole;stripped from Fox News or some Alt. Right website, it comes from Biden himself https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

If you need clarification on the practical implications of Biden's propositions, then I will be happy to explain. In sum, the actions outlined on his website will bring confiscation and registration of existing firearms(by force if necessary) and will raise the price on firearms, and ammunition, so only the rich will be able to own them.

• Like 1