2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

that is what it starts out as where will it be in a year or 2, F them they already got their money when it was earned they have no right to whats left if you move out.

I also agree with this.  But If I earned that much money, I don't think I'd give a fuck enough to live where I didn't want to live.  

Fortunately I don't want to live in California, but not because of taxes.  

I also don't agree with income taxes in general

Edited by tr8er
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

A Tax is a Tax at any amount. Especially when they are desperate for more money. 

The biggest problem is that when they add more taxes,they spend more money,

rather than living within their budget.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, wayno said:

They want to leave California and I certainly understand why, but the problem is they move up here and bring their cancer(politics) with them.

I agree.I've been going to Oregon,Washington,Idaho & Montana for years.

Too many Californians there now.

Why is it that most SOUTHERN Californians want to turn these into what

they're escaping from? They want to live in Mayberry,but want everything (shopping,etc.)

that the big cities have.Can't have it both ways.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, wayno said:

They want to leave California and I certainly understand why, but the problem is they move up here and bring their cancer(politics) with them.

Your problems up there are from your own people.Not enough Californians have migrated up there to affect politics.It's just a West coast thing.Your area is more fucked up than California is.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Your problems up there are from your own people.Not enough Californians have migrated up there to affect politics.It's just a West coast thing.Your area is more fucked up than California is.

The population boom isnt from Native born people in Oregon. Its cheap land and building prices. My small town has a LOT of people not born in Oregon.  If you google our state legislature reps and state government their profiles show where they were born.... California.

Doesn't mean Californians all are bad, but the ones that have desire for government aren't good.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, john510 said:

I'd like to know how they could even legally tax non residents.Good luck with that one.

Cavuto presses California assemblyman over wealth tax plan amid millionaire 'jailbreak' from Golden State

"In California we’ve had taxes on millionaires in the past. We raised taxes in 2012 by 3% -- and the number of millionaires and billionaires in California has grown. We have 25% of the nation’s billionaires, 17% of the millionaires, those numbers are up and we've grown to be the fifth-largest economy in the world. So, while worthy of consideration it has not panned out."

Bonta added that his proposal would apply a "phased-in approach" to make sure Sacramento recoups its share of the income of a California resident who leaves the state.

"If you move in Year One, 90% of the tax bill applies..." he said, adding that the following year it drops to 80% and so on until it is phased out to zero.

Cavuto questioned whether such a move was legally feasible.

"For ten years, the wealth was accumulated during their time in California ... and that is what we're proposing in our bill. We believe we can do that, certainly we're open to dialogue and discussion as we move the bill forward, but we think it’s a sound approach and has a strong legal foundation," said Bonta.

Cavuto responded that policy makes taxpayers sound like "prisoners of California" -- "[Y]ou’re not letting them leave, if you say you leave I’m still going to zoom you."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fbntv/neil-cavuto-california-rob-bonta-wealth-tax

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Won't stand up in a million years, it won't.

2 hours ago, john510 said:

Only Californians say this, or might say this. Since Ratsun started over 13 years ago I been hearing how they move from their  shit filled nest up the coast, start a new nest and then can't help shitting in it. Locals just shake their heads. Oregon should start a %10 tax for moving to Oregon/Washington from Cal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, angliagt said:

The biggest problem is that when they add more taxes,they spend more money,

rather than living within their budget.

This. Why would you keep giving children more candy when their behavior just keeps getting worse?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, john510 said:

Sorry, retired people move from southern CA to the states of WA and OR, we have thousands if not 10s of thousands of them just in Vancouver WA, I sometimes ask why they came up here, a lot of them say that they sold their property down there and bought a better house up here for half the price, a few said they were scared to drive down there in the LA metro area and that is why they moved up here, in my head I think so you moved up here to make out freeways parking lots.

Personally I can drive with them people down there, but when they have an accident everything comes to a grinding halt, we have that happen everyday and there is no accident, we need minimum speed limits around here and then they need to start passing out tickets, they would make a fortune and I suspect traffic would start moving again, but I am mostly talking about Portland OR and I am positive they have an over abundance of CA escapees also.

I would agree that Portland OR is screwed up, Seattle WA is also screwed up, but look at what they have for politicians, I heard that the donations that the BLM receives go to the Democrat party/politicians, so they are not going to stop it, they will make a deal with BLM eventually and then claim they saved all of us just like they will claim they saved us from what likely is a man made plague, and I suspect things will improve just before the election on the west coast.

As for that tax mentioned for Rich CA residents, I am on the fence about that, if they did do it, maybe they would not keep moving up here, but how their cancer(politics) spreads it will eventually become every ones turn(another new way to tax people) up here also, so right now I just don't know.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Only Californians say this, or might say this. Since Ratsun started over 13 years ago I been hearing how they move from their  shit filled nest up the coast, start a new nest and then can't help shitting in it. Locals just shake their heads. Oregon should start a %10 tax for moving to Oregon/Washington from Cal.

I'd have to agree with you on this, I have two cousins that both moved to Oregon and they are as liberal as you can get but they blame the need to move on house prices crowding etc but not on their approved policies that make it crowded and expensive.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Washington has been run by Democrats for almost 40 years.Same goes for Oregon.So how is it some Californians moving there have changed politics in those two states ? They haven't,again it's your own people that did it to themselves.I'd bet former Californians are a drop in the bucket when it comes to voting.It's always easy to blame someone else.There are articles explaining the change in direction that happened a long time ago.You could boot every Californian out of either state and guess what ? You're still a Democrat/liberal controlled state.

Edited by john510
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, john510 said:

Washington has been run by Democrats for almost 40 years.Same goes for Oregon.So how is it some Californians moving there have changed politics in those two states ? They haven't,again it's your own people that did it to themselves.I'd bet former Californians are a drop in the bucket when it comes to voting.It's always easy to blame someone else.

Who do you think votes for these "Democrats" in  power.......Not native Oregonians. Those are conservative people. 

• Like 2
Just now, Mattndew76 said:

Who do you think votes for these "Democrats" in  power.......Not native Oregonians. Those are conservative people. 

Come on,you know how your state is divided up.Portland controls everything.The rest of you are just along for the ride.Californians weren't moving there in mass 30 or 40 years ago.Why have you had nothing but Democratic Governor's for so long ? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, john510 said:

Come on,you know how your state is divided up.Portland controls everything.The rest of you are just along for the ride.Californians weren't moving there in mass 30 or 40 years ago.Why have you had nothing but Democratic Governor's for so long ? 

We have had only 3 since 87. Even then its been narrow races. Google the voting map of Oregon. the red areas are where most of the native population live.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

We have had only 3 since 87. Even then its been narrow races. Google the voting map of Oregon. the red areas are where most of the native population live.

You've had five.Actually six if you count the guy that was elected again after his first stint as Governor.Kitzhaber,he resigned in his second term for some kind of crooked shit.

Edited by john510
5 minutes ago, john510 said:

You've had five.Actually six if you count the guy that was elected again after his first stint as Governor.

Own it. California exports Bull shit politics and policy nation wide. 

You seem to be the only one outside the consensus. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

Own it. California exports Bull shit politics and policy nation wide. 

You seem to be the only one outside the consensus. 

Own it ? I'm still here in Cali man.I'm thinking you Oregonians should just own it.Most of your state would have to be Californians for you guys to place the blame on anybody but yourselves.I'm not defending anything California has to offer this country.This whole left coast is to blame for liberalism.Don't pinpoint the problem on one state and the few that have left it.With what i've seen in Portland and Seattle recently that HAS NOT happened down here i'd say you guys are more screwed up than we are.I guess Californians took Portland and Seattle hostage right ? 

• Like 1