Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

Did you watch the clip? Holy fuck talk about some spineless old boomers trying to uphold the same garbage hole ridden system. 

Oh yeah! The old retirees that fled California have no spine and fled to AZ because of that! Now they are in and set in their ways. Arizona needs to see how CA got taken down from the inside by Politicians and special interests groups. And the Unions! 

San Diego is about to be Overrun and fall in line with the rest of the Liberal Cities to Clusterfuck Nirvana! 

And I love how that lady next to the old screamer kept on chowing down on her salad! LOL! 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Wow, what does cotton picking and slavery have to do with anything???? Cotton picking is still around, slavery isn't. We've moved on. Same with black face. We've all moved on from the funny embarrassment. Only a moron would feel like a slave for 'pickin' cotton' out of a bottle. Actually a moron couldn't appreciate the connection. Only whinny WOKE cunts could come up with this meme.

I realize this is a moot point but it still irritates me that people don't realize this.

Taxwise we are treated as true slaves:

One aspect of being a slave is he doesn't get paid for his work.

If someone does get paid for their work, it is a barter and there is no profit or income.  

IRS disagrees saying it is 100% profit/income, therefore, taxwise, we are treated as slaves.

Semantics. You are compensated for your work with money. Government taxes this to provide you with services. Look at it as buying and paying for law, education, infrastructure and military security. Remove the tax and the government simply prints more money to pay for this, lowering it's value. One way or the other you pay for it.

Not saying there isn't waste, goes to wrong places or that you pay too much. Just in basic terms, you pay for your own government. Your government gets paid for it's work. Cost of living in any country. 

yes, taxes have to be paid, and when The Income Tax was established, it was on actual "income" such as dividends and interest.

Then it was perverted to Wages. 

and then it became a Crime Against Humanity when the top rate was 90%.  (now who was greedy then?)

In 1949 the top Income tax rate was 90% (earnings over $150k) and the boxer Joe Louis owed the government over $1 million in back taxes and penalties.  So at the 90% rate, he would have to earn 10x what he owed, just to be able to clear after taxes the amount owed.

Joe Louis to IRS, "Yessum massar, I go fetch 'em yo slippers..."

Then it was further perverted to tax Social Security even though insurance payoffs are not taxed.

Do I hear "Heads on pikes" anyone?

School tax is another one, everyone pays the same if they have zero of 16 kids.

Joe Lewis should have simply paid his taxes then right?

My point is that to enjoy the umbrella of benefits of what taxes pay for, we have to pay one way or another. Sure there will be whining about the amount or how it's levied.

Joe should have but don't you see the irony and mean spiritedness of him having him pay over a million in back taxes when he can only keep 10% of his earnings?

Here the history of the top bracket extortion:  Eisenhower:  3% poor people, 91% rich people (he actually reduced it from 94%).  

original.png

No sympathy here. Making millions? cry me a river. Pay or seek tax shelters. Pay someone to do this for you. I should be so lucky. Fucking rich people whining about their money.

It's the price you pay for all the things I mentioned earlier... and more! This is the membership fee for living in 'the greatest nation on earth'. There's no free lunch.

Yeah, I have a $500,000 capital loss carryover am broke and living on Social Security in a house rats wouldn't live in.  When I die, that loss evaporates and the IRS makes out.  

I have to laugh, the IRS screwed me when I started my job at P&W and then when I lost my job.

I have a friend that worked for the SBA and was threatened by another gov employee from the GAO to give his buddy a loan.  There were guys in the SBA approving loans for a couple sacks of grass seed.

I don't mind paying taxes but not to these thieving sweaty donkey ball sucking fucktards.

Vents closed....   LOL  

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

Joe should have but don't you see the irony and mean spiritedness of him having him pay over a million in back taxes when he can only keep 10% of his earnings?

Here the history of the top bracket extortion:  Eisenhower:  3% poor people, 91% rich people (he actually reduced it from 94%).  

original.png

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the tax rates, but you are oversimplifying and being disingenuous with this type of post. The entirety of income is not taxed at the top marginal tax rate, only a portion (above X amount is). To say someone is paying 90% of their income is false.

I don't know what any of you guys are doing financially...I assume most people on ratsun fall somewhere into the lower to mid middle class range of income earners.  Right now I guess I'd be at the lower end and I pay next to nothing in effective tax rates (even was negative last year). I can't complain, not sure why anyone else would either, aside from seeing the gross waste and misappropriation of the funds govt does receive.

• Like 5

Taxation is necessary in a civilized society.I have no problem paying them.What gets me pissed off is the continuing additional tax hikes and fees for ridiculous shit.We have two sides in politics and one of them wants to continue raising taxes for everything and the other doesn't seem to interested in doing so.Yet the taxation party continues to get a lot of support.If you think about it you're paying a tax on just about everything you do,add it up and your taxed paycheck is only a small part of it.The one that gets me is property taxes.I have to pay the Government for my paid for property that i paid for with my taxed earnings as long as i own the property.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, john510 said:

Taxation is necessary in a civilized society.I have no problem paying them.What gets me pissed off is the continuing additional tax hikes and fees for ridiculous shit.We have two sides in politics and one of them wants to continue raising taxes for everything and the other doesn't seem to interested in doing so.Yet the taxation party continues to get a lot of support.If you think about it you're paying a tax on just about everything you do,add it up and your taxed paycheck is only a small part of it.The one that gets me is property taxes.I have to pay the Government for my paid for property that i paid for with my taxed earnings as long as i own the property.

Yep and the more valuable your home the more you pay in property taxes. Seems to get lost on the people who say the rich don't pay their fair share. I guess the folks with the fancy houses should use the roads more, public schools more, police and fire protection more to get their moneys worth. Some states you get taxed more to drive expensive vehicles. I guess driving my shitboxes is shoving it to the Man!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

Yep and the more valuable your home the more you pay in property taxes. Seems to get lost on the people who say the rich don't pay their fair share. I guess the folks with the fancy houses should use the roads more, public schools more, police and fire protection more to get their moneys worth. Some states you get taxed more to drive expensive vehicles. I guess driving my shitboxes is shoving it to the Man!

Fortunately here in California we have Prop 13.And how that got passed is beyond me.It was a long time ago before the dictatorship got control.I'm paying about 1/3rd of what somebody would pay if i sold today.They can only raise it about 1.5% a year. In Cali they fixed the "shitbox" car registration fees.No more cheap ride.My 510 was about 20 bucks years ago and going down.Then Arnold stepped in and now its over $120.A good friend bought a Chevy diesel truck,registration was $850 bucks a year.He moved to Texas and now it's $60.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1
On 10/16/2021 at 11:32 AM, Cardinal Grammeter said:

I realize this is a moot point but it still irritates me that people don't realize this.

Taxwise we are treated as true slaves:

One aspect of being a slave is he doesn't get paid for his work.

If someone does get paid for their work, it is a barter and there is no profit or income.  

IRS disagrees saying it is 100% profit/income, therefore, taxwise, we are treated as slaves.

If we were true slaves we wouldn’t have income to pay taxes on.

We would be whipped by our masters, forced to toil long days in the fields, given little more that some shitty food and a crappy shithole to sleep in.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Fortunately here in California we have Prop 13.And how that got passed is beyond me.It was a long time ago before the dictatorship got control.I'm paying about 1/3rd of what somebody would pay if i sold today.They can only raise it about 1.5% a year. In Cali they fixed the "shitbox" car registration fees.No more cheap ride.My 510 was about 20 bucks years ago and going down.Then Arnold stepped in and now its over $120.A good friend bought a Chevy diesel truck,registration was $850 bucks a year.He moved to Texas and now it's $60.

I've wondered why there isn't a lot more tax money collected by home sales.

When a house (in CA) is sold,it isn't protected by Prop 13,& the taxes can more than

double.

Actually,I remember when Arnold said he would lower the annual registration,

& actually did.Our '60's cars all went down to $39/year.

Of course,that didn't last.Our '67 MGB GT would be at least $185/year,if I still

lived in CA.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, john510 said:

Ha! Jerry Brown was governor from 1974 to 1982 when prop 13 passed (78). You should thank him for prop 13.  I think he’s living on a farm north of Sacramento.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dav said:

Ha! Jerry Brown was governor from 1974 to 1982 when prop 13 passed (78). You should thank him for prop 13.  I think he’s living on a farm north of Sacramento.

Ha you most certainly can NOT! But he probably won his 2nd term because of how he handled the budget after it passed.

Howard Jarvis organized and It was added to the ballot by citizen proposition not by the governor or legislature

My grandparents were typical of why it passed, I lived there and remember this fairly well. They were born in the late 1800s on fixed income and feared losing their home to rising taxes.

From Wiki of Gov Brown and prop 13:

Brown was both in favor of a Balanced Budget Amendment and opposed to Proposition 13

A good history of prop 13 :

https://www.capoliticalreview.com/top-stories/a-short-history-of-proposition-13/

• Like 2

Anyone in control is well insulated from the down side of their legislation. (The affluent don't give a shit, I wouldn't either) Waste of time thanking a past legislator, better to thank those idiots that voted for it and never learned from it.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Dav said:

If i remember correctly it wasn't Brown that came up with the plan.Do Howard Jarvis and Paul Gann ring a bell ? Brown had nothing to do with it except for maybe signing it into law.That proposition was voted on by the citizens after Jarvis got the ball rolling.Jerry Brown can kiss my ass.

• Like 3