Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Well good luck with the current crowd out there. I don't have kids and I think you don't but I grew up with the belt, yardstick and wooden spoon if I out of line. Worked well. Never been arrested, no bastards around, make a good professional living, been happily married for 15 years, treat the wife well. All is good thanks to the ass whippings when they were called for but no extras. Thanks to my folks.

I do not have children and we were raised similar. I am thankful for my parents and their compassion, I easily earned double the ass-whippings I received. We are on the same page, I am not and will not advocate for beating your children, if your beer is warm. But, I am constantly, shocked and horrified, when I see some parent, squatting down and negotiating with a screaming child, or worse, the parent ignores the screaming child and allows them to scream until they tire out. I make exception for babies, but once a toddler a child should know, when Mom or Dad, drop their voice an octave, pulls you in tight and says "knock it off", the toddler is on the edge and about to fall into beat town.

My parents weapons of choice were belt. switch, or open hand.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, angliagt said:

               While at a stop light about a week ago,I saw the guy in the turn lane

next to me yapping away on his cell phone.He had his window down,& I yelled

at him "HANG UP!".

          I stopped at the credit union a few blocks away,backing into a parking-

space.He pulls up next to me,& started arguing.After a heated exchange of words,

he leaves & park in a spot on the other side of the lot.

           I then saw him get out of his rig (Xterra),& goes to his right rear door,getting

something in the back seat.I decided that I needed to get out of there,in case he had

a gun.At the next stop light,he was right behind me.

             A few blocks later,I was able to get to a turn lane,while he was two lanes over.

When I turned,I saw him turn off in the other direction.I made a detour a detour & took

the back roads way home,just to be safe.Didn't see him after that.

                 

 

What? Where was your gun, in the shop?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

 I grew up with the belt, yardstick and wooden spoon if I out of line. 

 

Me too. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

 

Only once was the whipping I got severe, but I earned every lash that day. The majority were more like love taps, guiding me when I stumbled and made bad choices.

 

I still made a couple of poor decisions as an adult, , but again, the consequences helped make me a better member of society.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

I I am constantly, shocked and horrified, when I see some parent, squatting down and negotiating with a screaming child, or worse, the parent ignores the screaming child and allows them to scream until they tire out.

 

Agreed.

 

I do like when a young parent simply goes on about their business, leaving the spoiled brat crying alone. About the time the parent turns the corner, junior realizes his meal ticket just disappeared, the tantrum ends, and the little linoleum lizard goes running after them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I get told I'm too hard on my kids all the time. Then in the same conversation get told how lovely and well behaved they are, they don't ever seem to see the correlation though?

 

Never once smacked them, yet. Will if it ever needs it. I hardly ever got smacked but you knew you were in the shit. Got proper lippy with mum when I was about fifteen, ten minutes later when I  came back to my senses I realised my old man didn't appreciate that kind of behaviour! If you need that lesson multiple times you ain't destined for much. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

 

Not sure if this reaches the eastern part of the state of Washington on the Tellyvision  so thought i would post here..  

 

 

 

 

 

 

s-l300.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image.jpg

 

 

 

la-1465689009-snap-photo

 

 

 

 

 

4200.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attorney who advised Clinton campaign indicted in U.S. Trump-Russia probe

 

 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-grand-jury-indicts-lawyer-who-represented-clinton-campaign-2021-09-16/

 

 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58591969

 

 

 

 

 

 

Peace, Love,  Dope 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

 

OPEC plus controls oil prices. I worked windfarm survey vessels this summer now the high oil prices have revived the oil patch in the gulf of mexico. Headed there middle of october. I am a workslut green energy or oil as long as paychecks clear I will work either one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

OPEC plus controls oil prices. I worked windfarm survey vessels this summer now the high oil prices have revived the oil patch in the gulf of mexico. Headed there middle of october. I am a workslut green energy or oil as long as paychecks clear I will work either one.

And here's the "expert analysis" the white rapper was talking about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, john510 said:

And here's the "expert analysis" the white rapper was talking about.

The funny thing is giving Biden credit for anything. You realize he has left the planet? Been involved in the oilfield for 26 plus years it's always been boom or bust and the strings are pulled by OPEC plus.  The White Rapper was funny but misinformed.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

The funny thing is giving Biden credit for anything. You realize he has left the planet? Been involved in the oilfield for 26 plus years it's always been boom or bust and the strings are pulled by OPEC plus.  The White Rapper was funny but misinformed.

That was hardly misinformed.Who gave Biden credit for anything ? Remember when WE (the United States) were a little more energy independent ? I do.I also remember how cheap it was to fill a gas tank twice a week.And unfortunately i remember that i'm now spending over $100 bucks more a month to fill the same tank.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, john510 said:

That was hardly misinformed.Who gave Biden credit for anything ? Remember when WE (the United States) were a little more energy independent ? I do.I also remember how cheap it was to fill a gas tank twice a week.And unfortunately i remember that i'm now spending over $100 bucks more a month to fill the same tank.

 

Its probably going to only go up for a while too. Opec made massive cuts earlier in the year and seem to holding them. Natural gas is skyrocketing too recently utilities and heating bills will probably get steeper too. All the oil majors are enjoying a nice profit margin now so I don't see opec flooding the market again to maintain market share. They may have actually learned a lesson. Anyways an older article that explains how this price hike started 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-russia-reach-compromise-on-opec-plus-production-plan-11609857544

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

 

Its probably going to only go up for a while too. Opec made massive cuts earlier in the year and seem to holding them. Natural gas is skyrocketing too recently utilities and heating bills will probably get steeper too. All the oil majors are enjoying a nice profit margin now so I don't see opec flooding the market again to maintain market share. They may have actually learned a lesson. Anyways an older article that explains how this price hike started 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-russia-reach-compromise-on-opec-plus-production-plan-11609857544

I definitely agree the price will go up,we haven't seen anything yet.A great reason to try and remain energy independent.These high fuel prices don't help anybody or the economy.But that won't happen with our current administration.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1
Link to comment

What's going on with oil production and gas prices right now? It's all part of Biden's socialist power grab to take everyone's guns away, make them shave their arm pits, eat tofu, and drive electric cars. Or may the market is correcting after being shut down for a year due to CV-19. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yeah what he said. Now it's all about manscaping lawn mower trimmers. Real men have hairy nuts just like '70s porn stars. If you shave your body hair off, might as well keep going and shave your balls right off and wear a man bun.  Gezus christ on crutches what has happened to us?

 

 

 

 

OPEC doesn't set the price. Unless the US is a member. The US is the largest producer of oil so.... WTF Joe Biden.

 

estimated petroleum and natural gas production in selected countries

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah what he said. Now it's all about manscaping lawn mower trimmers. Real men have hairy nuts just like '70s porn stars. If you shave your body hair off, might as well keep going and shave your balls right off and wear a man bun.  Gezus christ on crutches what has happened to us?

 

 

 

 

OPEC doesn't set the price. Unless the US is a member. The US is the largest producer of oil so.... WTF Joe Biden.

 

estimated petroleum and natural gas production in selected countries

Here's where your math is off Mike. You are looking at each country individually. OPEC is 15 countries plus the 10 that make up the plus.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/060415/how-much-influence-does-opec-have-global-price-oil.asp

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah what he said. Now it's all about manscaping lawn mower trimmers. Real men have hairy nuts just like '70s porn stars. If you shave your body hair off, might as well keep going and shave your balls right off and wear a man bun.  Gezus christ on crutches what has happened to us?

 

 

 

 

OPEC doesn't set the price. Unless the US is a member. The US is the largest producer of oil so.... WTF Joe Biden.

 

estimated petroleum and natural gas production in selected countries

OPEC doesn’t set a price for itself, it has a price target.  They achieve that by setting production limits per country, but some OPEC countries exceed their portion of the target, so OPEC doesn’t really have complete control.  Given that, by each country (US, Mexico, Russia, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc.) produces for itself and the world market, so each one affects the price of oil to some degree.  Larger producers of exportable oil affect price more than others.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.