• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Queensland COVID update: International arrivals could be forced into MINING  CAMPS, new cases announced | 7NEWS

Co-vid camp with communal shower and lawn bowling greens down in front. The guard dog kennels are on the far left.

I believe the camps are for returning Australians from overseas and not a pogrom against the Australian people with co-vid itself. Still, likening it to a WW 2 concentration camp with implied massacre gets more You Tube hits.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Queensland COVID update: International arrivals could be forced into MINING  CAMPS, new cases announced | 7NEWS

Co-vid camp with communal shower and lawn bowling greens down in front. The guard dog kennels are on the far left.

I believe the camps are for returning Australians from overseas and not a pogrom against the Australian people with co-vid itself. Still, likening it to a WW 2 concentration camp with implied massacre gets more You Tube hits.

Australia has no bill of rights, rights are granted by the Govt. and are not spelled out in the constitution they therefore have no actual rights. They have a system built up through common law and the Aus. constitution much the same as Canada where you may think you have rights but its only because the Govt. allows you to. In Canada "the rights and freedoms in the Charter are not absolute"  you have no inalienable God given rights.

I admit even with our rights sometimes we have a government that ignores or knowingly tramples on them. It seems we are now headed into a period of what I would call Neo Fascism where the state believes it can do whatever the hell it wants and believes it has the right to by any means necessary, we just aren't at the point yet of that internment camp posted above.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

Australia has no bill of rights,

we do but its not our government will trample on them, like the patriot act and the NSA spying for you "safety"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

Australia has no bill of rights, rights are granted by the Govt. and are not spelled out in the constitution they therefore have no actual rights. They have a system built up through common law and the Aus. constitution much the same as Canada where you may think you have rights but its only because the Govt. allows you to. In Canada "the rights and freedoms in the Charter are not absolute"  you have no inalienable God given rights.

I admit even with our rights sometimes we have a government that ignores or knowingly tramples on them. It seems we are now headed into a period of what I would call Neo Fascism where the state believes it can do whatever the hell it wants and believes it has the right to by any means necessary, we just aren't at the point yet of that internment camp posted above.

Canada has a bill of rights and it is as good as yours. In fact both can trace their roots back to English law. God didn't step down onto the earth and hand them to you. They were drafted by mere mortals and saying they were 'god given' doesn't make it so. The Canadian bill of rights and freedoms begins with:

Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of
God and the rule of law:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Canada has a bill of rights and it is as good as yours. In fact both can trace their roots back to English law. God didn't step down onto the earth and hand them to you. They were drafted by mere mortals and saying they were 'god given' doesn't make it so. The Canadian bill of rights and freedoms begins with:

Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of
God and the rule of law:

From the Canadian bill of rights encyclopedia the Canadian Charter :

"The Charter can be limited by the notwithstanding clause, also known as the override clause. Section 33 permits federal, provincial and territorial governments to temporarily bypass Charter rights in section 2 and sections 7 to 15. This means those legislative bodies can override court rulings interpreting the Charter in those areas. The legislative body can exempt such laws for five years. It must then renew the law or let it lapse." 

Am I wrong in interpreting that to say they can do whatever the fuck they want as long as they think they'll get away with it?

• Like 4
20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah, those friendly, nobody dies camps, are great for the whole family! Worked fine the last time they where tried, right? 

A Lesson From the 1940s: 'America Is Capable of Being Un-American' - The  New York Times

Asian Americans Suffer From Trump's Racist Attacks Too - Public Seminar

Filming “Farewell to Manzanar” at Tule Lake: Seeing One Camp in Another ~  Part 2 | Discover Nikkei

Edited by Jesse C.
  • Like 4