Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jahva Jef said:

Ke5EDch.jpg

 

           Well I'll be......a Monkey's Uncle.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I drove about 30 miles i into Toronto see Planet of the Apes when it came out. The sequels, just like Star Wars, were stupid. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
13 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I drove about 30 miles i into Toronto see Planet of the Apes when it came out. The sequels, just like Star Wars, were stupid. 

 

If they ever did use predictive programming in Hollywood, Planet of the Apes would make the Simpsons look like Andy Griffith.

  • Like 1
Link to post
11 hours ago, thisismatt said:

 

Yes, well aware, but I think I'd rather move out than move sideways or down.

I left California in 1996. The quality of life so much better other places. Once you get away from the crowds, the crime, traffic ect. Your stress levels drop and you will be kicking yourself for not getting out sooner. The pay may look better but the state takes it all by taxes, high cost of living. Wtf are you paying for gasoline nowadays anyways? Oh and most other states you can drive whatever you want without them scheming to take your ride from you. Good luck.

  • Like 3
Link to post
19 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

My 37% exxon ytd rise. I guess if Trump claimed a president effects the stock market I guess I will have to thank the head Corpse in office Biden. 


Lots of things affect the stock market. Politics, wars, pandemics . . . . 

  • Like 2
Link to post
59 minutes ago, Racer X 69 said:


Lots of things affect the stock market. Politics, wars, pandemics . . . . 

Yep really whoever is in office doesn't have much effect on the stock market. Just another one of Trumps lies and false claims that somehow he had something to do with the success of the market and people somehow believed him. The current president is proof a mummy can do better. I am just glad things are getting better. Now if Boeing would quit having max 8 issues I would like to dump them in the green. I want out of common stocks too volatile as I get older.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
22 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Yep really whoever is in office doesn't have much effect on the stock market. Just another one of Trumps lies and false claims that somehow he had something to do with the success of the market and people somehow believed him. The current president is proof a mummy can do better. I am just glad things are getting better. Now if Boeing would quit having max 8 issues I would like to dump them in the green. I want out of common stocks too volatile as I get older.

 

It's been 3 months. The left has barely finished sharpening their economic vampire fangs. Give it time.

 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/yellen-fed-rate-hike-may-be-needed-to-prevent-economy-from-overheating-160446290.html

  • Like 2
Link to post
6 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Yep really whoever is in office doesn't have much effect on the stock market. Just another one of Trumps lies and false claims that somehow he had something to do with the success of the market and people somehow believed him. The current president is proof a mummy can do better. I am just glad things are getting better. Now if Boeing would quit having max 8 issues I would like to dump them in the green. I want out of common stocks too volatile as I get older.

If Trump told you the sun rises in the East you wouldn't believe it.The corporate tax cut did have something to do with the better market.Who's idea was that ? Trump's gone now,you can stop crying about him and tell us how great Biden is.And what things are getting better ? 

  • Like 2
Link to post

Surely the economy has huge inertia and doesn't turn on a dime. The good set in motion may take months to peak. Just like the covid vaccine that was started about a year ago. Joe tries to take credit but I remember.

  • Like 4
Link to post
1 hour ago, john510 said:

If Trump told you the sun rises in the East you wouldn't believe it.The corporate tax cut did have something to do with the better market.Who's idea was that ? Trump's gone now,you can stop crying about him and tell us how great Biden is.And what things are getting better ? 

I will give Trump credit for the corporate tax cuts the other nonsense negated that. Biden is basically a vegetable so no praise there. The economy is picking up people are spending more, home sales in volume and price are up despite silly increases in materials. This kind of feels like after 911 when people were initially scared then realized they wouldn't live forever so spent their money on homes, cars and things they wanted to put on their bucket list before they died. The economy boomed.

Link to post
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I will give Trump credit for the corporate tax cuts the other nonsense negated that. Biden is basically a vegetable so no praise there. The economy is picking up people are spending more, home sales in volume and price are up despite silly increases in materials. This kind of feels like after 911 when people were initially scared then realized they wouldn't live forever so spent their money on homes, cars and things they wanted to put on their bucket list before they died. The economy boomed.

 

some of that spending is because they either aren't old enough to remember or didn't learn the lesson that printing money as its called now leads to inflation.

Personally I think housing prices are another bubble, we have yet to see any fallout from the eviction moratoriums.

  • Like 3
Link to post
13 hours ago, Ooph! said:

 

some of that spending is because they either aren't old enough to remember or didn't learn the lesson that printing money as its called now leads to inflation.

Personally I think housing prices are another bubble, we have yet to see any fallout from the eviction moratoriums.

 

Fairly soon some people are going to find that "moratorium" does not mean "forgiveness" and that past rent is now due.

  • Like 3
Link to post
7 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

 

Fairly soon some people are going to find that "moratorium" does not mean "forgiveness" and that past rent is now due.

And with the free ride so many got i doubt they'll be eager to pay any back rent.They're probably stashing cash so when the eviction comes they can find a new place to live.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 5/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, john510 said:

And with the free ride so many got i doubt they'll be eager to pay any back rent.They're probably stashing cash so when the eviction comes they can find a new place to live.

Probably not

Link to post

Im not political but anyone saying Biden is doing a good job so far and how their stocks are doing better I say It fuckin better be because to date under this admin we are going about a TRILLION DOLLARS a MONTH in debt. compare that to a neighbor borrowing 100% of the cost from YOU on a remodel of his house to buy a lamborghini a bengal tiger etc etc with ZERO means to pay any of it back down the road, would you say wow hes really doing well, or would you say, fuck! I think I just got taken for a ride? Enjoy your ups while you can its a house of cards built out of your future wages.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post

Well said.

I too am a veteran, of the US Marine Corps and it makes me sad to see the lack of patriotism we now have. We are not perfect but we do have a good system of freedom outlined by our Bill of Rights. Unfortunately, there are is a very loud few who have an agenda to tear it all apart. History whether good or bad, needs to be remembered, not erased or re-written. I wonder how much that noisy little group will like socialism, communism, or marxism when someone shows up at their door and demands their home, car, or whatever else they want and because they have the means to take it, does so. Everybody likes Anarchy right up until it turns on them and bites them in the butt. Again, our system is good, you work hard and you are rewarded with the fruits of you labor. Not: I sit on my ass and I get the same (or more) than the poor guy who puts in a hard days work. Why change all that? I guess a lot of folks want to ride in the cart but, don't want to help pull the cart.

Well, enough of that. Check out my nephews sweet 71, 510 on Atascadero Craigslist. Too cheap! not too many available East of California. 

Rock on, fellow 510 Folks!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.