• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

rZAEJPAHwRVIVzoJDwEDPBV2r1Ayc468Zw7bxtbe

I wasn't rolling I was working. Anyways I will be completely honest I did rewatch it for your sake John510 and this still comes of as a condescending rant without much useful value. I work in the oil industry and as far as the energy independence it was semi true but at an unsustainable level that has led to a large number of bankruptcies. Not all Trumps fault but he holds a lot of the responsibility, in fact politicians don't have much say in the actual price of oil since it is a world market and OPEC can kind of set the price with the level of market share they hold. What as president he could have done was the power over the Saudis with weapons supply was broker a sustainable price for oil that would allow American oil companies to remain in the black while still providing affordable energy for the US.  Instead the Saudis knew he was clueless and dumped massive amounts of oil on the market to maintain their market share. Now the Saudi oil company Aramco had to borrow money to pay dividends showing how deep the world is poop for the low oil price, they will rebound much faster than US companies leaving us in a mess while meanwhile Trump was poo pooing alternative energy. Since the alternative energy sector was ignored and in the video mocked by Trump we are way behind the rest of the world on this.

We broke ground on a fairly large (25 megawatts) hydro storage generation project.  Pumps water to a reservoir uphill during the day (utilizing surplus solar production). As well as wind power.  Then can dispatch hydro generation on demand (typically evenings at peak demand).  This relieves the grid of demand/generation imbalances, as well as stores emergency power and water.  This puts the islands generation at well over 50% renewable, and will reduce renewable curtailment to 0!!   Fuck yes.  

Oil is far too valuable to just burn for home lighting and industry.  Far better ways.  Save oil for medical and scientific application.  

And Datsuns

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, tr8er said:

We broke ground on a fairly large (25 megawatts) hydro storage generation project.  Pumps water to a reservoir uphill during the day (utilizing surplus solar production). As well as wind power.  Then can dispatch hydro generation on demand (typically evenings at peak demand).  This relieves the grid of demand/generation imbalances, as well as stores emergency power and water.  This puts the islands generation at well over 50% renewable, and will reduce renewable curtailment to 0!!   Fuck yes.  

Oil is far too valuable to just burn for home lighting and industry.  Far better ways.  Save oil for medical and scientific application.  

And Datsuns

I've been suggesting this for years (use solar & wind to pump water up to reservoirs) and use hydro to power everything else.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, tr8er said:

And Datsuns

Perfect for your islands where there isn't an abundance of water for hydro. I think this is being done in Europe. Where I am we have lots of water and mountains so we're good.

What about geothermal? You got volcanoes.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Perfect for your islands where there isn't an abundance of water for hydro. I think this is being done in Europe. Where I am we have lots of water and mountains so we're good.

What about geothermal? You got volcanoes.

My island has 50MW of geo.  It’s a great resource, but culturally an issue.  So that will need to be approached carefully with better news.   Currently we are on a path to 100% renewable in a few years, so geo will be a bonus Down the road

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tr8er said:

And Datsuns

So I am not the asshole everyone on this forum puts me out to believe? Wait don't answer that. Anyways yes there is better ways to spend our oil recources and make a better use of other resources for energy consumption. I have spent years off the grid living on a sailboat with wind and solar and a high output alternator on the eng. Supplying the power for a relaxing lifestyle with cold beer and ice for cocktails. It is a fraction of what it used to be with LEDs, solar and wind generators 

• Like 1