Bastardo appears to be a troll account, the user has made no contribution to this forum, his first post he says he wants to buy a Datsun, a few other posts are links that may or may not be about what the thread is about, and the rest of the posts are in this thread only, it appears that the only reason Bastardo is here is to divide people, does that sound familiar?

Accounts like this need to be ignored till they are removed.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 8
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wayno said:

Bastardo appears to be a troll account, the user has made no contribution to this forum, his first post he says he wants to buy a Datsun, a few other posts are links that may or may not be about what the thread is about, and the rest of the posts are in this thread only, it appears that the only reason Bastardo is here is to divide people, does that sound familiar?

'til

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, wayno said:

till is a bastard word and is substandard.” You would do well to avoid using ’till, unless you are trying to annoy some portion of your readers.

Until, Till, 'Til, or 'Till?

Or should you give up and find another word?

What to Know

Until, till, and 'til are all used in modern English to denote when something will happen. Until and till are both standard, but what might be surprising is that till is the older word. 'Til, with one L, is an informal and poetic shortening of until. The form 'till, with an additional L, is rarely if ever used today.

We often find that people will ask how they should write until if they don’t want to use that actual word; should it instead be till or ’til? Or, for the orthographically adventurous, is ’till a reasonable choice?

prague cloc

The Prague Astronomical Clock is over 605 years old. It is still not as old as the use of 'till' to mean "until."

'Till' is Older Than 'Until'

One reason for the confusion in this area is that many people assume that till is a misshapen abbreviation of until, a mistaken form in which the apprehensive spellers among us tack on an extra L at the end in order to make their word look a bit more balanced and give it some additional heft. However, till is not a shortening of until. It actually predates the longer word.

Till has been in use in English since the 9th century; the earliest sense of the word was the same as the preposition to. It has been used as a conjunction meaning "until" since the 12th century. Until has been in use as both a preposition and a conjunction for almost as long. Both of these words are acceptable; you may send a text to your misbehaving child stating either “U R grounded till 4ever” or “U R grounded until 4ever.”

One 'L' or Two?

Now what of ’til and ’till? These are viewed as somewhat more problematic. ’Till is entirely shunned by the writers of usage guides, when they see fit to mention it at all. Bryan Garner, in his Modern American Usage, refers to it as “abominable,” which is rather polite when compared to Harper’s Dictionary of Contemporary Usage, which says “the formation ’till is a bastard word and is substandard.” You would do well to avoid using ’till, unless you are trying to annoy some portion of your readers.

’Til is still viewed askance by many people, at least in formal writing. Although it had previously been thought to have begun being used in the middle of the 20th century a closer look at the historical record shows that this particular variant is quite a bit older than that. Til occurs on occasion in the early 19th century, but it is difficult to say whether or not this is simply a variant spelling of till (which was often written with a single L in Middle English). But by the late 19th century an apostrophe has been added to the beginning of the word, and it is found in widespread use (especially when a writer is attempting to replicate colloquial speech).

”Yes we will, Watty; we’re only going to wait ‘til they’ve got the house and furniture—and oh! Watty. What do you think?”
The New York Observer and Chronicle, 22 Aug. 1872

”Wait ‘til you’ve been in a town like I have for some time,” said Eve.
Temple Bar: A London Magazine for Town and Country Readers, Sept. 1880

Master-Workman Shaw was found this morning on the street, whistling “Wait ‘Til the Clouds Roll by,” and was tapped by the reporter for the latest developments on the strike situation.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 2 Aug. 1883

So there you have it: you will probably wish to avoid ’till, use ’til advisedly, and use both until and till freely. And if you use till in writing and someone tells you that you have made an error, simply take the extra L off the end of the word and poke them in the eye with it.

4 hours ago, wayno said:

Does this fuck have a location? I'm going to be unemployed in a few weeks,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, bastardo said:

It's not Soros, you foil behatted Q-anon nut, it's you. I get $1,050 a week in unemployment straight out of your taxes. And the only thing you can do is vote.

I am, I love it enough to change it. That's why we are destroying all the racist monuments. 

You're one sick SOB.Good luck with your phony crusade.You're just a little bit outnumbered by a sane America.

• Like 4

Just so you all realize what's been happening here.

I'm a narcissist, not unlike Donald Trump, I turn anything to focus on me. It validates my sense of self-worth by drawing all attention to me.

This thread has been hijacked, by a narcissist, from the original topic of Gene's feeling disenfranchised to discussing... ME!

Thank you all for your validation of... ME! It's not healthy and you would do best to ignore me. 

From the Covid thread I stated

"I believe everyone here has shown proper restraint and has behaved in a civilized manner."

This troll shows up and blows that all to hell, have you guy's ever ignored your wife surely you can ignore a troll.

• Like 4

Have you been to my house?

1 hour ago, bastardo said:

Just so you all realize what's been happening here.

I'm a narcissist, not unlike Donald Trump, I turn anything to focus on me. It validates my sense of self-worth by drawing all attention to me.

This thread has been hijacked, by a narcissist, from the original topic of Gene's feeling disenfranchised to discussing... ME!

Thank you all for your validation of... ME! It's not healthy and you would do best to ignore me. 

If things go the way the bastard wants and he gets the apocalypse he deserves, i say you guys should eat him first. His flesh would be nicely marbled and untouched by the effects of any sort of manual labour, probably get some nice fatty back straps of the non-winner too. 

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, Str8jacket said:

If things go the way the bastard wants and he gets the apocalypse he deserves, i say you guys should eat him first. His flesh would be nicely marbled and untouched by the effects of any sort of manual labour, probably get some nice fatty back straps of the non-winner too. 

You kiwis are all the same. That's why your guns were taken away.

3 minutes ago, bastardo said:

You kiwis are all the same. That's why your guns were taken away.

Ha ha wrong there sport, not kiwi. And we have guns.

Have you thought about a pot plant for your mums basement, might help replenish the oxygen you're continually wasting. Actually maybe start carrying one around.. for the good of everybody

• Like 1
  • Haha 3