• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, john510 said:

Well you are good at it.

i_know_you_are_pee_wee_herman.gif

BTW: 

This bill addresses the security of federal elections, including by requiring paper ballots, requiring audits of election results, and establishing requirements for election cybersecurity.

The bill provides requirements for ballots. Voting systems must use a paper ballot that is verifiable by a voter before being cast and these ballots must be retained for recounts or audits. During a recount, ballots must be counted by hand.

States and jurisdictions must perform an audit of an election that must include a manual adjudication of voter intent from some or all of the ballots cast. The audit results must meet specified statistical requirements and must be published before such election is certified.

The bill provides a private right of action for any person aggrieved by a violation of voting system or audit requirements.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1472

Could be that both the R & D wanted to get rid of Trump so there was a sort of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing going on to get rid of him.

But when order is restored and R&D rule things, they may not tolerate one party trying to cheat the other party - this would be akin to someone in the Mafia cheating someone else in the Mafia - that will not be tolerated.

So we may end up with a reasonably audible voting system in a couple decades!

LOL

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

Could be that both the R & D wanted to get rid of Trump so there was a sort of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing going on to get rid of him.

But when order is restored and R&D rule things, they may not tolerate one party trying to cheat the other party - this would be akin to someone in the Mafia cheating someone else in the Mafia - that will not be tolerated.

So we may end up with a reasonably audible voting system in a couple decades!

LOL

The thing is Trump is not really a Republican, he is more of a centrist populist. His base by and large does not like classical Republicans all that much. 

In reality the R and D have always been more about seeking power than representing the people and have always been on their OWN side and closer to each other with much of the back and forth being theatre. 

What set Trump apart is he was effectively an outsider to the political system who did not want to play the ball game with the entrenched politicians, which is something that threatened power on both sides. 

For a Mafia example it would be like having two big crime families that have already split power up in an area and had a "working" relationship suddenly getting some young upstart Yakuza coming in and pushing back at them, and doing so successfully.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

The thing is Trump is not really a Republican, he is more of a centrist populist. His base by and large does not like classical Republicans all that much. 

In reality the R and D have always been more about seeking power than representing the people and have always been on their OWN side and closer to each other with much of the back and forth being theatre. 

What set Trump apart is he was effectively an outsider to the political system who did not want to play the ball game with the entrenched politicians, which is something that threatened power on both sides. 

For a Mafia example it would be like having two big crime families that have already split power up in an area and had a "working" relationship suddenly getting some young upstart Yakuza coming in and pushing back at them, and doing so successfully.  

It would be like the mafia moving into a town run by the people.  As dysfunctional as the two party democratic republic we have, it was drafted and brought about to ensure no man or family could move in and rule without impunity, and without the confirmation of the people.  Trumps appreciation of and praise of regime leaders, and ruling families is concerning, but his actions to dismantle every part of government he didn’t feel in control of is simply, blindly anti American.  You guys are correct, he is not a typical Republican and I feel for the party.  But he is not trying to be a President, he’s trying to be a monarch.  

• Like 1
Just now, datzenmike said:

This a Trump pardon?? Wise move as this will free him up to fuck up everyone else. My B-in-law figures he's (Trump) laid his plans long ago to trap the Dems and the swampy GOPs. I'm still waiting......

It was more or less fake news, at least as of right now.