55 minutes ago, Jesse C. said:

Discrimination. Just because I have a stach I can't have ribs???? I think McD tried this back in the '80s in Canada. I tried one and it was just a burgery thing stamped into rib shape and so covered in sauce you couldn't tell what it tasted like. It didn't last because there wasn't enough black people to buy them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, john510 said:

Did you really just type that ? 

Yeah. I had them in the mid '80 up here and then they just disappeared.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/10/30/no-mcrib-for-canada/

Abstract Pork ranks third in annual U.S. meat consumption, behind beef and chicken, averaging 51 pounds per person. The Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals (CSFII) indicates that most pork is consumed at home. Pork consumption is highest in the Midwest (58 pounds), followed by the South(52 pounds), the Northeast (51 pounds), and the West (42 pounds). Rural consumers eat more pork (60 pounds) than urban/suburban consumers(49/48 pounds). Pork consumption varies by race and ethnicity. Blacks consume 63 pounds of pork per person per year, Whites 49 pounds, and Hispanics 45 pounds. Higher income consumers tend to consume less pork. Everything else remaining constant, demographic data in the CSFII suggest future declines in per capita pork consumption, as increases of Hispanics and the elderly—who eat less pork than the national average—enlarge their shares of the population. However, total U.S. pork consumption will grow because of an expansion of the U.S. population.
Canadian black population 3.5% in the '16 census. The US is almost 13.5%

Rural people know about cows... and guns.

Urban people don't know about cows.... or guns.

I don't think you can train a non-gun culture person to be as "familiar/at home/relaxed" with guns as a person who grew up with them.

Self defense which is the dark side of gun ownership.  It has nothing to do with a lifetime of hunting or target shooting experience - it is about shooting people.  Ironically, traditional gun-culture is always about NOT shooting someone.

Unfortunately, adults who never owned guns, that get them, are thinking about shooting people - not punching holes in paper or deer.

I grew up with guns and I cannot comprehend the need to carry concealed for self defense.  Where I live the hassle of CC isn't worth the effort.

The strongest argument for carrying guns has never been made publicly to my knowledge:  "If you were in the process of getting raped/mugged/murdered, would you want bystanders to be armed?"

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Sorry, not going to waste 15 minutes of my life listening to someone's opinions on stuff. Can you give me a tl;dr? 

Yet you posted a text form opinion piece from BBC...

Anyone who says they wont take 15 minutes time to hear alternate opinion or alternate views has no intention of objectivity. 

You are happy that you read something that tickles your favor, so why challenge it with another view?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BrothersGarage said:

Sorry, not going to waste 15 minutes of my life listening to someone's opinions on stuff. Can you give me a tl;dr? 

I gave it a listen.  They spent half of the segment glorifying lesser education.  Half the time pretending AG Barr hasn’t been a defending Trump since Trump appointed him.  Then they somehow made a bit more time to pretend his legal team is Trumps all stars and not just the few who haven’t quit out of embarrassment.  I’d listen to anything else for information.  No matter what side you are trying to see.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

Yet you posted a text form opinion piece from BBC...

Anyone who says they wont take 15 minutes time to hear alternate opinion or alternate views has no intention of objectivity. 

You are happy that you read something that tickles your favor, so why challenge it with another view?

I posted the BBC because you guys complain about sources like CNN and others, but there is a ton of other sources available. Doesn't change the facts about what was reported. AG Barr says there isn't evidence of widespread voter fraud. 

The video posted is a guy rambling though different subjects - and presenting his interpretations on what's going on. Why would I sit though that when the majority of it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and how does that even compare to a news article? 

3 hours ago, tr8er said:

I gave it a listen.  They spent half of the segment glorifying lesser education.  Half the time pretending AG Barr hasn’t been a defending Trump since Trump appointed him.  Then they somehow made a bit more time to pretend his legal team is Trumps all stars and not just the few who haven’t quit out of embarrassment.  I’d listen to anything else for information.  No matter what side you are trying to see.  

Thank you for taking the time to sit though it and the synopsis. I sat though the first few min and gave up because it wasn't addressing the point. 

• Like 2

You are aware that the BBC is about as biased in thier political and public agendas as it gets? Probably on par with a Chinese owned news outlet for its unbiased views. Half of the UK are fighting to stop it from being tax payer funded, or flat out refusing to pay for it. CNN BBC ABC (Australia) all regurgitate the same shite. You are extremely well informed if this is your external source of information. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Str8jacket said:

You are aware that the BBC is about as biased in thier political and public agendas as it gets? Probably on par with a Chinese owned news outlet for its unbiased views. Half of the UK are fighting to stop it from being tax payer funded, or flat out refusing to pay for it. CNN BBC ABC (Australia) all regurgitate the same shite. You are extremely well informed if this is your external source of information. 

1 - What agenda does the BBC have with US politics? 

2 - https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-widespread-election-fraud-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/news-wrap-ag-barr-says-no-evidence-of-large-scale-election-fraud

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/william-barr-doj-fbi-voter-fraud-2020-election

https://www.newsweek.com/ag-barr-says-no-evidence-widespread-voter-fraud-after-trump-suggests-doj-involvement-election-1551574

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/barr-says-no-evidence-widespread-voter-fraud-defying-trump-n1249581

Define widespread!!!! Country widespread? or widespread in a half dozen out of 50 states?

The media is notorious for taking shit out of context. I checked those links and not one shows Barr saying those words or in fact no video at all other than a still picture.

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Define widespread!!!! Country widespread? or widespread in a half dozen out of 50 states?

The media is notorious for taking shit out of context. I checked those links and not one shows Barr saying those words or in fact no video at all other than a still picture.

Widespread meaning there may have been cases, but nothing that was systemic nor anything that would effect the outcome of the election. 

Barr told the Associated Press that federal prosecutors and the FBI had looked into specific allegations and information regarding the integrity of the vote. And he said quite bluntly they have not found any evidence of widespread fraud. The AP quotes Barr as saying, quote, "to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election." In particular, Barr mentioned one claim made by the president's supporters that voting machines were programmed somehow to skew the results. Barr said the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security looked into those allegations and said they had not found anything to substantiate them.

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/bbc-defends-us-election-2020-coverage-complaints-749096

https://thecritic.co.uk/batting-for-biden-the-bbc-and-the-us-election/

2 second search? 

All I see or hear on any tv or radio show here is one sided views, which coincidently is your view.

When everything you see and hear reported seems wrong to you, and you look around and reality doesnt match what you are being sold. People you talk to dont actually think what you are being told people think, you go looking for other points of view. 

It must be easy when you can watch all those lies being told to you and you can blissfully nod and smile, tsk tsk at us extremists, put on your mask and virtuously continue on your way. 

3 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Widespread meaning there may have been cases, but nothing that was systemic nor anything that would effect the outcome of the election. 

Well do you trust the FBI???? then. Maybe he should keep looking or looking harder because apparently there are masses of people signing affidavits about the shit going on.  .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

He didn't say systemic either, because the word systemic is actually accurate to what happened. The AP paraphrased Barr with an opinion of what he said

" And he said quite bluntly they have not found any evidence of widespread fraud."  (OPINION)

If it was so bluntly stated by Barr then why didn't the AP quote him verbatim?

They are selling a vague answer from Barr as a definitive fact. 

"to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election."  Bill Barr. 

This quote does show that they're still investigating, and does not define "widespread." being part of his comments made. 

I would suggest running down the transcript of the actual interview that way you can parse through the opiniated rhetoric filling the body of the article. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1