Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-nominee-amy-coney-151530622.html

The link might seem off topic, but it applies to the destruction of America, this time the destruction of  rational thought. I think it was "Rules for  Radicals", that advised,  to dominate you must make your adversary question all that they know. Now maybe I missed some new break through, but I still cannot find definitive proof that sexual preference is not a choice. It is only the television, movies, and the Hollywood machine, continually pounding that sexual preference   (or identity, or gender, or whatever) is a birth defect and not choice. To be clear, it undermines the freedom of all, to accept that choice is dictated by what cannot be controlled. The study most cited, in this misinformation campaign, links a higher probability for same sex attraction in individuals with specific biological markers.The best study to support "born this way"  concedes it is only a slightly higher probability. AND YET, claiming that sexual preference is a choice , will damn you to many groups and will make you an outcast. Concession to this falsehood a requirement for acceptance into the Supreme Court. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-nominee-amy-coney-151530622.html

The link might seem off topic, but it applies to the destruction of America, this time the destruction of  rational thought. I think it was "Rules for  Radicals", that advised,  to dominate you must make your adversary question all that they know. Now maybe I missed some new break through, but I still cannot find definitive proof that sexual preference is not a choice. It is only the television, movies, and the Hollywood machine, continually pounding that sexual preference   (or identity, or gender, or whatever) is a birth defect and not choice. To be clear, it undermines the freedom of all, to accept that choice is dictated by what cannot be controlled. The study most cited, in this misinformation campaign, links a higher probability for same sex attraction in individuals with specific biological markers.The best study to support "born this way"  concedes it is only a slightly higher probability. AND YET, claiming that sexual preference is a choice , will damn you to many groups and will make you an outcast. Concession to this falsehood a requirement for acceptance into the Supreme Court. 

In my world all women are bi.

• Like 2

Didn't check myself. U haul did piss me off last year. I reserved a car hauler to bring my Datsun from Florida to Maine. When I went to get it they canceled and said no more one ways out of Florida. I had to go buy a brand new hauler. It worked out for the better. Hauler was brand new and I sold it on Craigslist in 12 hours in Maine for $300 less than what I paid for it. Cheaper than the $500+ uhaul wanted for rent. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Icehouse said:

Did you check the U-haul web site?  Simply not true.  

I just did exactly that.  From my house (Huntington Beach, CA) to Phoenix, AZ a 26' truck 1-way is just shy of $2k. 

From Phoenix to here is $325.

Absolutely true.  I didn't bother with screen shots, but please feel free check it yourself. 

• Like 1

Same is true with Portland and Seattle. Prices might be less but I know someone that is a district manager for u haul and he spends days just driving units from small towns back IN to Portland and Seattle. I mean over and over and over. This is a recent trend. they are fighting to keep units in the city which is another reason for the price. Because they have to manually move inventory to keep up demand.

Edited by Draker
  • Like 1

A few years back,I rented a Penske truck (16').It was something

like $425 from Grants Pass,Oregon,to Richmond,Virginia.UHaul was

something like 4X that,plus Penske replaces 1/2 their fleet every year.

A lot of the UHaul rigs shouldn't even be on the road. 

I also don't like UHaul.I went in to just get a quote on a trailer hitch

for my Wife's car.They wanted my email address.I told them my email was

none of their business,& turned around & walked out the door. 

• Like 2

It's been that way for a long time. When we moved from So. Cal. 27 years ago to Kingman Arizona, we rented a U-Haul here twice, and paid less than rental fees and mileage for a single

rental in California.

Chopper Jim

• Like 2