Sonreir

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

do a Mexican tune p.

Rev the motor then put a rag over the carb and maybe it will suck the dirt thru. Or maybe pull the dirt out of the rag into the carb

sure your not running on 3 cylinders?

Believe it or not, this does work. Careful though, I've heard horror stories of people getting their hands torn open from the suction.

your swapping to many things at once

I personally didn't think your distributor/coil was bad in the first place  more out of time than anything since the dist was clocked all to one side to get 10degs. Which means as I satated earkier a tooth off or mistached dist to pedestal set up.

I good distributor set up once running the dist timming can be run down to zero and up to 25btdsc just by the timming slot when you turn the dist left and right.

so when you said its cranked all to one side to get 10BTDC or maybe the 8mm bolt under neath the plate could be adjusted more to get aa btter slot adv once you moved it.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

try run it at 7 then 10 12 14.

really adv it right before it pings what someone told me once

just make sure that 2nd bareel the spring is on there to keep it closed. i seen where the spring fall off the holder and prematurely opens and bogs the motor down by letting to much air in thru the 2nd barrel side

Edited by banzai510(hainz)